It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey All
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:06 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi,
Been at this graphics thing for about a month now. Would have liked to discover this sooner...guess it's never too late :) to try something new. Have Gimp 2.8.14 installed with Gap added on. Doing lots of reading and experimenting for now, trying to follow along, sometimes it's tough...think we'll get there eventually. Usually up for an adventure and this certainly is one and fun as well. As long as one is not having a hard time trying to have a good time...it's all good!
Using Gimp has another side benefit for me as well, it's helping me learn Linux...only been at this for about two months and found they go hand in hand. Most times just need to be pointed in the right direction to discover the correct answer.
Thanks for being here, have a good one! :tyspin

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Hey All
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:17 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

rbdflyboy Welcome to the site we have a cross section of Windows, Linux and Mac users all running Gimp
if you have any questions about the program pleas don't hesitate to ask

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Welcome to GC rbdflyboy. Have you tried our tutorials section yet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:16 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

:welcome to Gimp Chat rbdflyboy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:01 am  (#6) 
Retired Staff

Welcome to gimp chat, rbdflyboy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:19 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Welcome aboard rbdflyboy.

Attachments:
Welcome aboard rbdflyboy .png
Welcome aboard rbdflyboy .png [ 248.55 KiB | Viewed 2051 times ]

Gimp 2.10.30(samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:46 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Welcome! :3 :D :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:46 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

WOW...thank you all very much for the warm and pleasing welcome. :gimp Successfully downloaded, installed, and used my first script from here (Lotr). Created a cool glass frame with a hidden back light, would like some feedback on. Been saving a very nice image and needed something to compliment the original artists' work. The frame seems to compliment it well. Where is the right place to post this? Thanks again!

Edit: Found it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:49 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Welcome to the forum! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:20 am  (#12) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
rbdflyboy wrote:
WOW...thank you all very much for the warm and pleasing welcome. :gimp Successfully downloaded, installed, and used my first script from here (Lotr). Created a cool glass frame with a hidden back light, would like some feedback on. Been saving a very nice image and needed something to compliment the original artists' work. The frame seems to compliment it well. Where is the right place to post this? Thanks again!

First off let me welcome you to the board.
About where to post that image of yours. I would think it would go best in Gimp Art.
One other thing is... that you need to make a few more posts in order to be able to add images to any of your posts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:27 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Wallace wrote:
rbdflyboy wrote:

About where to post that image of yours. I would think it would go best in Gimp Art.
One other thing is... that you need to make a few more posts in order to be able to add images to any of your posts.

Thank you, Wallace, for the Welcome and the info. Go figure, found where shortly after posting. Tried to use Imgur to upload my image, only that didn't work. Uploading from my files did and it's in the right place.
Won't be surprised if it's deleted tomorrow, then. My created images aren't going anywhere, save for posting some on the Linux Lite Forum. Patience is one of my natural attributes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 pm  (#14) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
rbdflyboy wrote:
Wallace wrote:
rbdflyboy wrote:

Thank you, Wallace, for the Welcome and the info. Go figure, found where shortly after posting. Tried to use Imgur to upload my image, only that didn't work. Uploading from my files did and it's in the right place.
Won't be surprised if it's deleted tomorrow, then. My created images aren't going anywhere, save for posting some on the Linux Lite Forum. Patience is one of my natural attributes.

You need to make 5, that's five postings to be able to add images and utilize full posting. Image