Hi Rod, I've been all over trying to get some help with this, so thanks for getting back to me.
Not being artistic, the best thing I can think of doing is trying to describe what I want - so bear with me!
1. Text reads: Is your Talent Shackled?
How the words appear and the font used, would be entirely up to you, but the greater the impact, the better.
2. Chains wrap around all of the text (kicking up dust if possible)
1. Return to Chains wrapped around: Is your Talent Shackled
2. Text begins to rumble, shake, quake, dust rises
3. Chains burst, fly, are flung off the text.
4. A shack, silhouette or image, drops, lands and crushes the 'led' of the word Shackled.
5. Dust rises, then settles or disappears
6. The text: 'Talent Shack' remains, with the image of the shack where it fell, next to it.
God, how I wish i could draw!
I hope that's not too difficult to understand. That's the sort of the general gist I have, but I'm not sure what's possible and how difficult it would be to do?
My aim is to put the whole thing, along with footage and sound FX, together in iMovie.
I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
Welcome to Gimp Chat. I saw your post on Gimper as well (I moderate there also).
Are you asking for a short video intro to a video.Something in 3D?
Or just simple 2D text flying in or scrolling down?
Blender is better for 3D stuff and is also opensource.It does have a sharp learning curve but there are tons of tutorial videos out there on YouTube.
If you want nice crisp text try Inkscape (also opensource), as it is vector.
You could also do something in Flash.There are opensource programs for that also.
What exactly do you want?