Switch to full style
The latest Gimp news
Post a reply

GIMP 2.9 Development Build

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Downloaded, and fired up the 2.9 development build:

I like the "Warp Transform" tool, pretty cool. Works like the "move" option on the iwarp selection:

I noticed a few other things as well, such as "circular motion blur", and "zoom blur", etc. Always exciting to see new stuff presented in GIMP. Now, to get the 2.8 version installed, haha. Gonna get rid of 2.6 tomorrow, and install the full 2.8.10 version. Have 2.8.4 portable, and have really been liking it, so, time for the move.

Re: GIMP 2.9 Development Build

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Good for you Warrior. I would be interested to see this new warp tool at work.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 pm

molly wrote:Good for you Warrior. I would be interested to see this new warp tool at work.

Here's the download page. It's portable. I installed it on my portable hard drive. Buggy, of course , but works: http://nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Here's what it does, just running it through a bubble. You can see the warp tool options:

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Here's the blur options:

Circular Motion Blur. Previews before hitting okay. At normal settings:

Linear Motion Blur:

Zoom Motion Blur:

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

The Warrior wrote: Gonna get rid of 2.6 tomorrow, and install the full 2.8.10 version. Have 2.8.4 portable, and have really been liking it, so, time for the move.

Good luck Warrior.
It seem like a lot of work, that's one of the reason I haven't made the switch yet.

I have lots of scripts and plugins in my 2.6, and don't know which ones will or will not work in 2.8.10. Not to mention all the other stuff that'll have to me saved and moved. The task seems daunting to me.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Wallace wrote:
The Warrior wrote: Gonna get rid of 2.6 tomorrow, and install the full 2.8.10 version. Have 2.8.4 portable, and have really been liking it, so, time for the move.

Good luck Warrior.
It seem like a lot of work, that's one of the reason I haven't made the switch yet.

I have lots of scripts and plugins in my 2.6, and don't know which ones will or will not work in 2.8.10. Not to mention all the other stuff that'll have to me saved and moved. The task seems daunting to me.

It seems a bit daunting to me as well, but not gonna happen unless I just do it. I'll make backups of all my scripts, plug ins, etc, and find the downloads for the 2.8 version. Some I already have in my 2.8 portable, and know those work, so that will help. Shouldn't be too bad really. Also, gives me the opportunity to get rid of some of the stuff I never really use.

~

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:03 pm

~

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:33 pm

The on canvas warp tool is interesting. GIMP-2.10 is supposed to have this tool also. Along with a multi selection tool. :)

I can't wait.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:00 pm

This version tries to use the USER/.gimp-2.8 sub folder resources and i am not so sure i like that in a portable.
A portable should be all inclusive.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Rod wrote:This version tries to use the USER/.gimp-2.8 sub folder resources and i am not so sure i like that in a portable.
A portable should be all inclusive.

Yeah, I noticed it did that to my 2.6 sub folder.

I wander if someone works with 2.9 branch and Python

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:03 pm

It didn't work for me, all scripts gave an error, and python was seemed to be compiled into a huge compressed file called ADB or something. Just wondering.

Thu May 08, 2014 4:51 pm

There is no iwarp tool in 2.8.10?
I recently upgraded.

Thu May 08, 2014 5:16 pm

iwarp is under filters > distorts in gimp-2.8.10

Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 pm

molly wrote:iwarp is under filters > distorts in gimp-2.8.10
[ Image ]

Thanks, Molly :)