It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Libre Calendar 2015
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:01 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi all!

[I apologize in advance if this is frowned upon, if I'm out of line please let me know - I just thought it would be nice to let folks know about it]

So, I was approached by one of the GIMP devs (Jehan Pages) recently about participating in a neat project he was thinking of: creating a Libre Calendar from F/OSS using artists, and selling them to promote F/OSS tools and to possibly generate some funds for the various projects the different artists use. Of course, one of those projects is GIMP...

He has assembled some really talented artists (with the exception of one. disclaimer: I'm one of them) who are providing 2 new works each for inclusion. These include me, David Revoy, Aryeom Han, Brian Beck, Henri Hebeisen, and Gustavo Deveze.

Some sample works are on the site, but for illustration here are some samples from some of the artists:

If anyone was interested in a neat (f/oss) calendar with imagery from a variety of folks to support various projects, consider heading over and picking one up (they're selling for 15 € delivered).

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Libre Calendar 2015
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:08 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Thanks Pat. Looks good.