It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp Painter new Filter Layer feature.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:03 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Getchar the creator of the Gimp Painter branch has been working on adding features to Gimp Painter again, stumbled upon this video with an interesting new feature for Filtering Layers, it appears these filters can be moved around drawn on etc. Looks like the filter layer then adapts and applies itself to the selected layer. Here's the video of it in action, video does better job then me trying to type description.
https://youtu.be/ddzAqrppHnk?t=36s
Sorry I don't have any compiled builds of it to share I tried yet its a lot more of an intensive process then I thought it was. Learning how to compile gimp is on my to do list, I give kudos and my respect to Gimp Compilers, Just thought this was an interesting idea and decided to share, lol since any other news of gimp development creeps along at its own pace (I know programming takes some time.), its nice to see gimp get some love with programmers experimenting to make new unique features and ideas that's why I love Open Source.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati