You can check the development process for Gimp 2.7.4+ here
. There is also a detailed list of all the changes made in 2.7.3.
So far, we have these new updates in GIMP 2.7.4..
- Add a close button to image tabs in single-window mode
- Improve the transform tools' undo strings to be more descriptive
- Fix "render_image_tile_fault: assertion `tile != NULL' failed"
warnings that occured for some image sizes
- Make writing color space information to BMP files optional
- Add devel-docs/gegl-porting-plan.txt
The Official Release Schedule for GIMP 2.8
is looking good!!