It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp Painter (Onkel Hatti) 2.8.7 For Windows (32-bit)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Lots of interesting, good changes!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-packagers/files/Onkel_Hatti/
Just tried it works great!

Slava
Ukraini!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Painter (Onkel Hatti) 2.8.7 For Windows (32-bit)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you MareroQ and a special thanks to Onkel for building it in 32 bit. :hi5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:49 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I am getting a Windows dialog - GNU Image manipulation program "Needs to close" error on GIMP load.
i installed the 32 bit version i am sure. The download site says the file is 117 mb and my downloads (twice), are 106 MB.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:14 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I had that error, too. with "gimp --verbose", it crashed, when "parsing tool-rotate" or similar was shown. As it does not appear, when starting in my development environment, I cannot say, whats wrong. I took all my dlls from my development environment an put them in the release. From that point on, the error disappeared. It runs without problems in my Win 64bit environment. so please be sure, that only the dlls from the release are taken. I cannot say, which dll causes the error and i cannot reproduce it, so i cannot analyse. If it does not work, i'm very sorry, i cannot help in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:57 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I wonder if copying all the dll files from Gimp-2.8.10 will work then? :)
Thanks Onkel i will give that a try. I figured it was DLL related.

I was able to get it to fire by replacing all the DLL files in the painter/bin folder with the DLL files in the Gimp-2.8.10/bin folder and then launching Painter. It then was just a process of going through each DLL error and replacing the added Gimp-2.8.10 DLL files with previous painter DLL files. I was able to get all plugins to fire except PSD, JPEG, and PDF loaders.
I needed to re add libintl-8, all libgimp , babl, and gegl DLLs to make it run. All the other dll files are from Gimp-2.8.10. Kind of a DLL surgery going on here. :lol

Anyways it works good enough for me and that's the fix if you have the same load errors i did.
I will try and get a hold of an older libbabl-0.1.0. DLL i think that's the culprit (too new) :)
Thanks again Onkel for the build.
Super!

Can you tell me some of the new changes you made?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Hi,

Onkel Hatti's Gimp Painter 2.8.7 is in the right direction. I am particularly thrilled about the UI tweak introducing the horizontal orientation of the tools option bar. I think this is more standard, readily accessible and does not occupy too much space.

I just hope and pray Onkel Hatti will implement the tweaks for versions 2.10 and beyond.

May it be possible that the Gimp developers also consider adopting such important ideas.

Happy new year.