Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Re: I need help to install python

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Rod wrote:You are very muchly welcome Molly, glad to help. =)
I am also happy to welcome you to a whole other python world of filters and gadgets...lol

Have fun with them.

Thanks Rod, BTW, so far I have tried the wrap map, and the Renders > Fog. in Python.. Can you tell what else it has that I could try. like scripts etc....... This is completely new for me so far....

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Hey Molly; 32-bit Python as well as GIMP itself works fine with Win7 64-bit. Unfortunately none of the good stuff has been ported to 64-bit native executables yet, so I have no choice but to use 32-but program. :)

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanx Lyle, I didn't know it would work on 64-bit. That is good to hear cuz it is the future so we all have to go there eventually. I am just afraid to take the jump unless you guys line my street with techie help. lol :oops:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I used the correct python, but I'll have to try it again. I got my color calibrator to work... I think and my video capture device sort of works, in XP virtual machine.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Re-installed everything again and the Python console comes up! It's a start. However, on my old machine, I had a menu to the right of filters called Python Fu, which I don't have. Also I don't see anything of Python in any of my menus, other than the console.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Hey PM. Now that you got your Python installed, you have to place your Python scripts in your GIMP plugins folder (not sure how it is done in Linux). Then, your Python scripts will show up in various places under the Filters drop menu (for instance, Wrap Map will show up under Filters>Map>Wrap Map as shown). :)

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 am

Their in the right folder, but their not showing up.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am

Yeeha! I restarted Windoze and Wrapmap has appeared!! Now to try the others!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 pm

PM, are you able to open Filters > Render > Fog? that is a python script.....
Post a reply