It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Python Scripts Working, But Python Plug-ins Not Showing on Mac
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 am  (#21) 
Script Coder

dinasset wrote:
Edit: try replacing "WHITE_FILL" with "2" to have the filter running nonetheless.

If WHITE_FILL is missing, all your *_MODE constants should also be missing...

Post subject: Re: Python Scripts Working, But Python Plug-ins Not Showing on Mac
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

It would be terrible, but it seems to be not, because pawnee said that the other 2 plug-ins of mine work and they use (as all mine) the *_MODE for setting the layers modes.
Maybe Partha can understand the WHITE_FILL problem?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

Changing WHITE_FILL to 2 worked! I now have this beautiful montage to play with! You guys are fantastic...love the scripts you create and for sticking with me trying to figure it out. I have learned a lot throughout all of this. I will get the stable version, but have a good workaround for now.

Dinasset, actually, the other plug-ins have errors too, mainly with constants (for instance, PrintOnStones2.py has a problem with PATTERN_FILL not being defined, and RenderSnow and FakeVoronoi.py have a problem with FOREGROUND_FILL not being defined). I only got the glass-text.scm and starry-sky.scm scripts to work without errors.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am  (#24) 
Script Coder

dinasset wrote:
It would be terrible, but it seems to be not, because pawnee said that the other 2 plug-ins of mine work and they use (as all mine) the *_MODE for setting the layers modes.
Maybe Partha can understand the WHITE_FILL problem?

Maybe, if he is made aware of it...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

pawnee wrote:
Changing WHITE_FILL to 2 worked! I now have this beautiful montage to play with! You guys are fantastic...love the scripts you create and for sticking with me trying to figure it out. I have learned a lot throughout all of this. I will get the stable version, but have a good workaround for now.

Dinasset, actually, the other plug-ins have errors too, mainly with constants (for instance, PrintOnStones2.py has a problem with PATTERN_FILL not being defined, and RenderSnow and FakeVoronoi.py have a problem with FOREGROUND_FILL not being defined). I only got the glass-text.scm and starry-sky.scm scripts to work without errors.

If you are a "patient" guy, you may replace all "PATTERN_FILL" with "4"
and all "FOREGROUND_FILL" with "0"
(hoping the overall question is solved soon or later...)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am  (#26) 
Script Coder

dinasset wrote:
pawnee wrote:

If you are a "patient" guy, you may replace all "PATTERN_FILL" with "4"
and all "FOREGROUND_FILL" with "0"
(hoping the overall question is solved soon or later...)

Much better to add at the top:
FOREGROUND_FILL=0
PATTERN_FILL=4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 pm  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

It is an issue with the code as at Gimp 2.9.6 version.

This with my linux (portable) appimage about that time

And this with my Gimp 2.9.7 appimage from 10 days ago

Might not be the expected result, I do not know, but it does work. Deprecated procedure messages can be hidden with the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:22 pm  (#28) 
GimpChat Member

I am a very patient gal...when I'm not impatient! :) Thanks for the constant definitions, dinasset. I will add them to the top.

I got the deprecated messages as well, but it seemed to just be a warning and not a showstopper.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:30 pm  (#29) 
Script Coder

rich2005 wrote:
It is an issue with the code as at Gimp 2.9.6 version.

This with my linux (portable) appimage about that time

[ Image ]

And this with my Gimp 2.9.7 appimage from 10 days ago

[ Image ]

Might not be the expected result, I do not know, but it does work. Deprecated procedure messages can be hidden with the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on

Ah, but the initial post said 2.8.22....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 pm  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

ofnuts wrote:

Ah, but the initial post said 2.8.22....

but moved to partha mcgimp 2.9.7 see post #18

pleased I use linux rather than OSX ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:52 pm  (#31) 
GimpChat Member

That is correct, the plug-ins showed up only after moving to McGimp 2.9.7.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:49 pm  (#32) 
GimpChat Member

This is the response I got from Partha:

There is no stable version for the 2.9.x series. When it's 2.10, it would be considered "stable".

These errors have more to do with your setup. Unfortunately the plugins you have installed in your personal folder don't work or don't work well with the 2.9.x series.

The basic app from my website is working as intended.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm  (#33) 
GimpChat Member

id est:
if you like to use my filters (which I hope deeply!) you have to apply those modifications until 2.10 is out, sorry for the inconvenience...

my welcome to the new patient girl
Attachment:
2017-11-30 21-06-24 fiore_di_loto, with multi-scaled crystals, size small, on 15 areas (v.3).jpg
2017-11-30 21-06-24 fiore_di_loto, with multi-scaled crystals, size small, on 15 areas (v.3).jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 1840 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:46 pm  (#34) 
GimpChat Member

Dinasset, I will most definitely be using your filters! Beautiful images, simply beautiful! Can I use this forum to ask if you have a certain script or plug-in for another particular art form that I'm looking for or should I ask this somewhere else?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:57 pm  (#35) 
GimpChat Member

Of course you can use this forum, I will try to meet your requests; and there are also other script-coders who can answer. Enjoy Gimp.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 am  (#36) 
GimpChat Member

Diego, I'm trying to run other plug-ins of yours, namely DecorationThruPaths.py, and am coming up with similar constants not defined. Ofnuts suggested I define these at the top. I'm using a text editor. Do returns after lines and spaces to line up the left margin affect things negatively? Also, exactly where should I put these definitions?

DecorationThruPaths.py also has a problem with "myslash." I see its defined for Linux and Windows.

I know I'm running an unstable version, so if I need to just wait for version 2.10, don't hesitate to tell me...I can be patient! :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 pm  (#37) 
GimpChat Member

I attach here an amended version (suffixed APPLE), where I put the required additions.
I also added the test for APPLE systems, but here I need your help:
1-I do not know what the system answers, I supposed "APPLE", but you have to check (the filter sends a message to your console) and if different change it
2-You have to check how the "slash" is implemented in APPLE for the paths, I assumed equal to Linux, i.e. "/", if different please change it
Please look at statement 260 thru 271 and tell me.
Attachment:
DIEGO_ARTISTIC_DecorationThruPathsAPPLE.zip [8.08 KiB]
Downloaded 111 times

Hope everything is OK.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 pm  (#38) 
GimpChat Member

PS: you may copy/paste the lines added for the definitions also into other filters you will download having the same problem (FOREGROUND_FILL etc.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 pm  (#39) 
GimpChat Member

As python program editor you could install Komodo Edit (free edition), if you like.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:38 pm  (#40) 
GimpChat Member

Great! I downloaded Komodo. I corrected FOREGROUND=FILL to FOREGROUND_FILL, just so you know. A surprise, it is not Apple!

What module do you have that defines these constants? From Partha's response, it seems I am missing that and it may not be rectified in the next build. He indicated that it was my setup. Perhaps I need to find that.

Thanks, Diego!