I can't see the whole plugins menu

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:32 am

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: Debian Linux
GIMP Experience: New User

Hi gimp users

I have a Chromebook computer.
I run the Linux apps inside the Chromebook.

I can't see the whole plugins menu.
And i can not scroll down.

Thanks for your help
Doron.

Re: I can't see the whole plugins menu

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 am

On Linux you can move the window by pressing Alt, then clicking anywhere on the window and dragging.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 am

ofnuts wrote:On Linux you can move the window by pressing Alt, then clicking anywhere on the window and dragging.

I can move the plugin window.
I move the plugin window as up as I can.
But i can't scroll down in the plugin window to see all the options.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:29 am

It could be that the Desktop Manager provided by the Chromebook installation is just not capable. I run a 5 year old Acer C720 but there I replaced ChromeOS with a regular linux installation. The other bit about the C720 is the cut-down 32-bit Intel Atom processer. 32 bit more than adequate for the limited resources but can be limiting. You need to know what you are using. I will assume a modern Chromebook is 64 bit but I do not know.

FWIW 3 alternatives.

1. Alt-click and drag
2. Dialogue menu move option
3. Modified scrolling script-fu plugin.

This is demo and that is all it is, a demo, using my regular kubuntu laptop. https://youtu.be/JT6rBlRCDdk duration 1 minute and a bit.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I will attach the 64 bit script-fu plugin. Unzip put in your Gimp 2.10 profile. Might / might-not work. I have a 32 bit version somewhere in my archive if needed.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:48 am

rich2005 wrote:It could be that the Desktop Manager provided by the Chromebook installation is just not capable. I run a 5 year old Acer C720 but there I replaced ChromeOS with a regular linux installation. The other bit about the C720 is the cut-down 32-bit Intel Atom processer. 32 bit more than adequate for the limited resources but can be limiting. You need to know what you are using. I will assume a modern Chromebook is 64 bit but I do not know.

FWIW 3 alternatives.

1. Alt-click and drag
2. Dialogue menu move option
3. Modified scrolling script-fu plugin.

This is demo and that is all it is, a demo, using my regular kubuntu laptop. https://youtu.be/JT6rBlRCDdk duration 1 minute and a bit.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I will attach the 64 bit script-fu plugin. Unzip put in your Gimp 2.10 profile. Might / might-not work. I have a 32 bit version somewhere in my archive if needed.

Thank You very much !!!
The video was very good !!!
The 64 bit script-fu plugin work fine.
In Chromebook os - the ALT or MOVE did not work.

Doron

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

I have one more ERROR

So i need more help

Thanks

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:34 am

Here is a working Linux version of the plugin. Put it in your plugin folder. Make sure it's executable if not already.

MLBevelReflect_Linux.zip
(12.4 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:46 am

racer-x wrote:Here is a working Linux version of the plugin. Put it in your plugin folder. Make sure it's executable if not already.

The attachment MLBevelReflect_Linux.zip is no longer available

Work Fine Thanks !!!!

Doron
Post a reply