Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

formulas in Conformal Map (GMIC)

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:31 am

GIMP Version: 2.10.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

:wvy
1) What are the conditions for creating formulas to use in the Conformal Map filter? Because I have been content until now to only change figures in the formula: ((1.1 + i * z / 6) / (1.04 - i * z / 6)) ^ 6.2

2) what is the meaning and role of the letter z?
3) and roles of the characters * and ^ can we use others?

If the answers exceed my level of knowledge, please tell me, I will not be offended at all! :) ;)

Re: formulas in Conformal Map (GMIC)

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 pm

level_0 wrote:GIMP Version: 2.10.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

:wvy
1) What are the conditions for creating formulas to use in the Conformal Map filter? Because I have been content until now to only change figures in the formula: ((1.1 + i * z / 6) / (1.04 - i * z / 6)) ^ 6.2

2) what is the meaning and role of the letter z?
3) and roles of the characters * and ^ can we use others?

If the answers exceed my level of knowledge, please tell me, I will not be offended at all! :) ;)

I believe z relates to the z axis - that is the imaginary depth axis (x=horizontal, y=vertical, z=depth)
* is multiplied by
^ is "to the power of" For example, ^2 = squared or ^3 = cubed.

Finding a good beginners course on fractals will be of use to you. I don't know of a good one but I will keep my eyes open for you.

Re: formulas in Conformal Map (GMIC)

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Erisian wrote:
I believe z relates to the z axis - that is the imaginary depth axis (x=horizontal, y=vertical, z=depth)
* is multiplied by
^ is "to the power of" For example, ^2 = squared or ^3 = cubed.

I'm happy for "z" because I had thought about it! Image

Finding a good beginners course on fractals will be of use to you. I don't know of a good one but I will keep my eyes open for you.

:hehe
Post a reply