Switch to full style
Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Scripts default to New Window

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:06 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Experienced User

Some scripts and plugins that I run now seem to open a new window by default and I find it quite annoying. It seems to have started happening after installing Diego's drawing script and after removing it, the change remained. Is there any way to reset this within Gimp?

Re: Scripts default to New Window

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Erisian wrote:GIMP Version: 2.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Experienced User

Some scripts and plugins that I run now seem to open a new window by default and I find it quite annoying. It seems to have started happening after installing Diego's drawing script and after removing it, the change remained. Is there any way to reset this within Gimp?

Have you tried changing themes and relaunching?

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 am

When using my filters in 90% of the case I create a new image (I assume you wanted to say "a new image" and not a "new window"), leaving the input one as it is.
But each script SHOULD be independent from each other (unless of a strange Gimp behaviour).

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:00 am

Check Gimp Preferences > Window Management and untick 'Activate the focused image'.

You can also reset Window Management or all preferences.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:05 pm

Thank you for the replies - I'll check it out later.

dinasset wrote:When using my filters in 90% of the case I create a new image (I assume you wanted to say "a new image" and not a "new window"), leaving the input one as it is.
But each script SHOULD be independent from each other (unless of a strange Gimp behaviour).

Yes, I meant a new image. I spend too much time on the internet! My Gimp has been doing other weird things too so maybe it's time for a reinstall.
Post a reply