Switch to full style
Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Help with "Wand" selection tool

Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:26 pm

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

Sorry. But again I need some help. I was just using the "fuzzy select" tool not too long ago and it was selecting correctly. Now it selects in rectangle ish shapes. I don't know if I pressed something by mistake. I tried to resolve this by playing around with the "Aspect" etc. Though I'm not an expert in that I admit. I tried closing out the program and restarting it too. Anybody got any suggestions? :)

Re: Help with "Wand" selection tool

Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Make sure "Sample Merged" option is untick or uncheck. See if that helps

Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:37 pm

Pocholo wrote:Make sure "Sample Merged" option is untick or uncheck. See if that helps

[ Image ]

I checked it and it was unchecked, unfortunately.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 am

try moving the threshold up a little. Not too much though as the higher it is the more colours it will select

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 pm

^ I couldn't get it to work right still trying that. Thanks. I think it may have been because I colored some things first and that's why. I didn't start out right away using the wand. :(

Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:42 am

Make sure you don't have the 'subtract selection' :subsel in options selected. I have been caught by this one.
If your colours are not solid they will 'fade out' at the edge needing more threshold or :addcur adding another selection.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year :)
Post a reply