Post a reply

Resource Manager advice

Sat May 15, 2021 3:50 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10.24
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10 Home
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

Hello,
I've used GIMP for years and I'm getting to the point where I have so many brushes and fonts loaded I'd really like to use a resource manager. But all of the information I can find on them is from years ago and seems to have stopped with GIMP 2.8. Do either GURM or CollectionManager by ofnuts work with GIMP 2.10? Or is there a more up-to-date plugin someone can recommend?
Thanks.

Re: Resource Manager advice

Sat May 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Rita - welcome to GC; I use Ofnuts Adddon Collection Manager under 2.10. Works well.

Sat May 15, 2021 4:27 pm

Thanks! I'd hoped so, but I'd also read quite a few posts about needing to tweak the python coding to get plugins to play nice that I was concerned. I know my strengths, and coding's not one of them.

Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi Rita! You don't have to do any tweaking on the plugin, the plugin work fine with Windows 10 and Gimp 2.10. Follow this tutorial explained by Rich2005 on how to install it and what folders to create in your Profile GIMP 2.10, C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Sun May 16, 2021 8:40 am

That is an awful, tedious video, and for Gimp 2.8. I should delete it.

However, a more recent, short description here, using brushes as an example: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Set-u ... ng-brushes

Other resources are similar, zip collections of brushes / patterns / gradients. Scripts, zip individually Scripts register in the Help menu. Patterns in the Patterns dock, Brushes in the Brushes dock....etc

Plug-ins. Since these load when Gimp is started, not supported.

Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 am

Don't sell yourself short, Rich. That old video like you said, helped me believe it or not. But thank you for the updated one, Rich :)

Sun May 16, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks to Pocholo for the link, and thanks to Rich2005 for making the videos!

I like the YouTube video--it might seem slow to you because you're used to the process, but for someone doing it for the first time, it was perfect.
Post a reply