Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Help in find Gimp 2.10.28 AppImage

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:30 am

GIMP Version: 2.10.28
Operating System: Linux
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

Dear Gimp users

I need help in find and then download Gimp 2.10.28 AppImage file.
I like to run the file in Debian LINUX Inside my ChromeBook.

Thanks
Doron

Re: Help in find Gimp 2.10.28 AppImage

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 am

Unfortunately it looks like the aferrero appimages for whatever reason have reached the end of the line. As far as I know no-one else makes them. It is not easy when the devs 'up' the gegl/babl requirements with each release.

If you are using the last of the 2.10.25 appimage and all is working then I would keep it. Not much gain by updating to 2.10.28

If you want to update that chromebook Debian installation then there is not a lot of choice.
You can try a flatpak installation, this in a Debian 'buster' VirtualBox:

01-bullseye.jpg
01-bullseye.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

Most scripts and plugins work, some require special versions, for example gimp_gmic_qt These seem to be updated regularly This gmic version 2.9.9

02-bullseye.jpg
02-bullseye.jpg (147.47 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

Re: Help in find Gimp 2.10.28 AppImage

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:23 pm

rich2005 wrote:Unfortunately it looks like the aferrero appimages for whatever reason have reached the end of the line. As far as I know no-one else makes them. It is not easy when the devs 'up' the gegl/babl requirements with each release.

If you are using the last of the 2.10.25 appimage and all is working then I would keep it. Not much gain by updating to 2.10.28

If you want to update that chromebook Debian installation then there is not a lot of choice.
You can try a flatpak installation, this in a Debian 'buster' VirtualBox:

01-bullseye.jpg

Most scripts and plugins work, some require special versions, for example gimp_gmic_qt These seem to be updated regularly This gmic version 2.9.9

02-bullseye.jpg

Thank you for the quick answer.
I will wait for Gimp Ver 3.0
I hope there will be an AppImage for 3.0

Doron
Post a reply