Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

[HELP] How do i disable pen button?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10.24
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: windows 10
GIMP Experience: New User

I'm using a bamboo tablet to paint on gimp. It has 2 buttons and I use the up button for moving the canvas, zoom in/out and it's ok but the down button just opens a floating right-click menu that I don't need at all. Also the tip of the pen is a little worn out so for confortable using and don't scratching the tablet I need to grab the pen in an angle which is susceptible to misclick that useless pen button. By the way, sometimes and i don't know why, when I'm drawing and I accidentally press the pen button at same time, all the recent progress dissapear, other times just opens the righ-click menu and throws cold water to my concentration so.. is there a way to dissable it? it would save me a lot of headaches, thanks you.

Resuming that above, how can i disable one of the pen buttons?

Re: [HELP] How do i disable pen button?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:23 am

I do not think you can disable the button as such, but you can assign another function to it. Maybe something that Gimp does not recognize. Read the manual.

clickity.jpg
clickity.jpg (140.36 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:53 am

er4manu wrote: all the recent progress dissapear,

Another thing you could do is save your work regularly incase this happens. You should anyhow.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:29 am

As well as the Wacom setup panel, I was seriously considering advising a mechanical solution.

Wrap around the button on the pen with some electrical insulating tape so it can not be pressed ;)

Just a thought.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 pm

rich2005 wrote:I do not think you can disable the button as such, but you can assign another function to it. Maybe something that Gimp does not recognize. Read the manual.

clickity.jpg

I tried to do that option before. I disabled that button but it did still doing the right click during press.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 pm

sallyanne wrote:
er4manu wrote: all the recent progress dissapear,

Another thing you could do is save your work regularly incase this happens. You should anyhow.

It's not a matter of saving. The progress that you lose is like the last line or 2 you made 1 second ago. Maybe not a big deal but quite annoying.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:37 pm

er4manu wrote:
rich2005 wrote:I do not think you can disable the button as such, but you can assign another function to it. Maybe something that Gimp does not recognize. Read the manual.
-----
I tried to do that option before. I disabled that button but it did still doing the right click during press.

I did not say disable, I do not think that is possible. I indicted that assigning the key to a function (mouse 4/ 5 mouse click) that Gimp does not recognise might work. Although probably not.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:49 pm

rich2005 wrote:
er4manu wrote:
-----

I did not say disable, I do not think that is possible. I indicted that assigning the key to a function (mouse 4/ 5 mouse click) that Gimp does not recognise might work. Although probably not.

Nope. It stills doing its ****.

Correction: Now I still having the right-click problem when click on the canvas but I lost the right button on the layers menu, brush options, etc. The only place where it was useful and not a problem...
Post a reply