Switch to full style
Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Character sprite sheet creation plugin from files?

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:53 pm

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

Hey, sorry to bother with my lack of knowledge, yet here I am. Hoping you guys can help me.

So I'm standing in front of a little problem and would need a software solution and maybe someone of you know of a gimp plugin that can do what I need. I did some searching but couldn't find anything I need.

Basically I want to automate the creation of a sprite sheet for a character, standing, walking, running and jumping in 8 different directions (6 frames per direction). So basically I'm looking for a plugin, that can create a sprite sheet from a bunch of single files and place them in the correct position based on their file name. Like w_n_0 (walking, north, first frame) and r_sw_2 (running, south-west, third frame)... Is there any chance someone have seen something like that around? I doubt it, but I still have hope, because that would be a game changer (in the true sense of the word)

Re: Character sprite sheet creation plugin from files?

Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:44 pm

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 am

This is what my "ofn-tiles" script has been written for.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:52 am

Hi,

If you ever decide to update to GIMP 2.10, then Roller can automate the process with its Table model and a folder input stream for the images.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:29 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Some great news here, I'm gonna check out your solutions.
Post a reply