Post a reply

Broken images in Filter>Animation>Playback

Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:42 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10.32
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: Monterey 12.4
GIMP Experience: New User
URL or Image link: https://i.imgur.com/s2kB5uT.png

Playback buttons appear to be broken (viewable by navigating to Filters > Animation > Playback). I'm a first-time user; I searched this forum and GIMP known issues and wasn't able to find a relevant post, but please let me know if there's a better place to post this or a way to troubleshoot on my own next time!

Re: Broken images in Filter>Animation>Playback

Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Can you post the animated gif or whatever, to see if we can resolve the problem?

Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:13 pm

I might be misunderstanding, but the broken images appear to be in the GIMP editor, not in the animated gif I'm working on (check the link on my original post for a screenshot).

Edit: to clarify, I can still do what I need - it's just takes longer to hover over each broken image to find the playback functionality I want (Play, Step Forward, Step Back, etc).

Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:19 pm

No idea what you are talking about. This is what I get for animation playback window in Gimp 2.10.32 and you can see the navigation icons highlighted here. Perhaps it's an IOS problem only? I run Linux.

anim.png
anim.png (33.74 KiB) Viewed 646 times

Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:20 am

achellios wrote:GIMP Version: 2.10.32
GIMP Experience: New User
URL or Image link: https://i.imgur.com/s2kB5uT.png

Playback buttons appear to be broken (viewable by navigating to Filters > Animation > Playback). I'm a first-time user; I searched this forum and GIMP known issues and wasn't able to find a relevant post, but please let me know if there's a better place to post this or a way to troubleshoot on my own next time!

It looks like an OSX-specific issue and there aren't that many OSX users out here. Which Gimp version and OSX version are you using?

Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:31 am

GIMP Version: 2.10.32

I guess I'm the GIMP for Mac expert by default then :D I'll report back if I figure out a fix.

Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:19 pm

I have never used a MacOs computer.
However, it looks like there are no icons in the Gimp folder.
In Windows, I deleted one icon with this result:

Start by checking if you have such a file: media-playback-start.svg - it may be missing or damaged.
(for Windows in directory: \share\gimp\2.0\icons\Color\scalable\apps\ i have 348 icons).
However, the reason may be different.
Post a reply