Switch to full style
Ask all general Gimp related questions here
Post a reply

Drawing lines

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:44 am

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

Hey....I would like to draw a line but would like to miss out 1 pixel every other pixel. I have tried using the spacing but cannot get the spacing i need to create this....I can draw a line for a few pixels missing every other but then it puts 2 pixels together now and then...please help :)

Re: Drawing lines

Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:48 am

You could check to see that any brush dynamics settings isn't the cause?

Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:34 pm

Is it for a straight line or for a curve?

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:04 am

Deblk wrote:GIMP Version: 2.8.14

Hey....I would like to draw a line but would like to miss out 1 pixel every other pixel. I have tried using the spacing but cannot get the spacing i need to create this....I can draw a line for a few pixels missing every other but then it puts 2 pixels together now and then...please help :)

In case you are using the pixel brush with pencil tool and dynamics off,
spacing set to 300 should work!

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:37 am

Hi Deblk, Is this is what you referring?

I used the Pencil with the "2. Block 01". The sample above as you see is with a pencil size=40 px with a Spacing=102. Depending on the size (brush size) of the line you want to draw, you have to set the spacing, and that might be a trial and error until you get what you want.

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:02 pm

ofnuts wrote:Is it for a straight line or for a curve?

Sraight line

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:09 pm

Pocholo wrote:Hi Deblk, Is this is what you referring?
[ Image ]

I used the Pencil with the "2. Block 01". The sample above as you see is with a pencil size=40 px with a Spacing=102. Depending on the size (brush size) of the line you want to draw, you have to set the spacing, and that might be a trial and error until you get what you want.

I am using pencil size 1 pixel to create a pixel art type image that needs a 1 pixel space in-between pixels if you get my meaning lol

Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Uzugijin wrote:
Deblk wrote:GIMP Version: 2.8.14

Thank you I will try that

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:25 pm

Uzugijin wrote:
Deblk wrote:Hey....I would like to draw a line but would like to miss out 1 pixel every other pixel. I have tried using the spacing but cannot get the spacing i need to create this....I can draw a line for a few pixels missing every other but then it puts 2 pixels together now and then...please help :)

Wow, it works nicely even in diagonal, nice trick :tyspin
Post a reply