It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need help in running GIMP 2.8: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: XP - SP3
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

List any ERROR messages you received:
GNU manipulation program has stopped working.

I've downloaded Gimp 2.8 (I have windows 7) from gimp(.)org, But when I try to run it, it stops loading at about 80%, (where it stops at it says tool-presets) then a message box comes up that says:

GNU image manipulation program has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

___

And then there is no other option but to close it, I have tried uninstalling then re-installing but that bared no fruit and I am at a loss as to what to do next; help in this matter would be exceedingly appreciated.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: I need help in running GIMP 2.8: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hmm....First ever start up after GIMP installation is always taking more time and that's where GIMP crashes...

Sounds like Windows problem, not GIMP. What's your system configuration? CPU, RAM, Graphic Card, 32 or 64-bit architecture? How regularly do you perform system maintanance tasks? I would recommend to clean up Windows registry and try again.

Post subject: Re: I need help in running GIMP 2.8: Thank you
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 am  (#3) 

64-bit operating system, 4.00 GB and intel pentuim processor, I think what you suggested worked! I ran ccleaner and un/re-installed (this time from cnet) and it seems to be working! thank you, now let us hope it doesn't have anymore problems.