It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transparent background is printed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.4
Operating System: Linux
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

Ok, so i have run into an issue with the printing services. Here is what i have done. I opened up a 3inch by 3 inch letter "A". I selected the white back ground and deleted it. Thus leaving just the letter "A" graphic and no background. Selected the letter and pasted it into a new file that was transparent. Saverd it as a gif. Imported it into inkscape. Made the background black and since the letter "A" was white to begin with, it looked really great on the invite. perfect to be exact.

Well then i printed a test print at the print store and for some reason, it shows a gray background behind the A"A now, but in the pdf, it does not. In every program, it is pure black and the white letter. But when it prints it shows up. However, on another printer, it does not show up???

Here is a pic of the printed version

is it the printer or the way it is saved?
thanks

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Transparent background is printed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Did you set the opacity for the black bg at 100% (no transparency) in Inkscape? I have done this before when i thought it looked #000000 (solid black) when really it was off just a wee bit off because of the opacity setting.

Post subject: Re: Transparent background is printed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:47 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

i think so, but to double check, where specifically do you mean?

how i did it in inkscape was make a square and then click on the blck fill sqaure at the bottom. when i hover over it, it does indeed say black. haha. opacity is 100% in other options, but where did you want me to check, i may have missed it.

thanks