It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: wordart and effects
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:10 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

Many cool online apps that do this too (use to be free, but havent' searched hard to see if these still are). Dabbled with this a few years back, but not recently. :)

http://www.wordle.net/

http://www.tagxedo.com/

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:31 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

Why not a tagzedo example (click link for the online version with all the bells and all): http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/655f44290ff8483e

Attachments:
tag_cat.pne.png
tag_cat.pne.png [ 646.7 KiB | Viewed 2438 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:33 pm  (#23) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
beable to choose the specific fonts used

I have asked B&P to write an addition the script to add a "Choose Your Own Fonts" option.

Quote:
I would like the words to multiply within the frame of the canvas

So you don't have to go find them? :lol
If the layer border is on View>Layer Boundary, then you can click on any layer and see where the text is even outside the canvas.I normally do not go over 20-40 font types so this isn't to hard to do.

Here are the values i usually use with this plug-in. ;)

I think a select your own fontface option is a great idea.I also would like to see a color option where you can select 2 colors and the plugin draws the fonts with those two colors and any random colors in between. :bigthup

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 am  (#24) 
GimpChat Member

thanks for the links an download im still trying to find it under the menu. haha. Ill paste it in every plug in folder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 am  (#25) 
GimpChat Member

LT72884 wrote:
thanks for the links an download im still trying to find it under the menu. haha. Ill paste it in every plug in folder

OHHHHHH, i get what this lug in does now. haha. its cool. That adds more umph to my pages now. Im still lookin for a good pluin that will make nice titles and effects for scribus and stuff.

here is what im trying to do.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 am  (#26) 
GimpChat Member

LT72884 wrote:
here is what im trying to do.
you can do most of the shown effects pretty easily in Inkscape with the Bevel Filter or a Dynamic Offset

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 am  (#27) 
GimpChat Member

LT72884: what you are looking for is text effects. that's so easy in gimp! either you do it all on your own, for that you need to type the word you want and search for a text effect tutorial, here on gc or on the web, and just do exactly what the tutorial tells you, and there's your elegant header! or, you do it with a script. there are so many great scripts for text effects on this page, you've already been tipped of to layer effects which is the most basic of the, but there is also a whole bunch of logo scripts that come pre-installed with gimp. to use any of those, just go to file -> create -> logos and pick a script from the menu, type your text and choose font in the dialog box - and you have your header. here's some examples, i don't remember exactly which of these are downloaded apart from old stone (which i know i found here on gc), but i think most of these are pre-installed and there are many others to choose from.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm  (#28) 
GimpChat Member

Here is my suggestions to Andrei-
Quote:
Rod says on May 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

Hey B&P long time no see!
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a “choose your fonts directly option”?
Like say i want to use 3 fonts but i want to pick them myself. :)
I also would like to see a color option where you can select 2 colors and the plugin draws the fonts with those two colors and any random colors in between.
One more thing.Is it possible to fix the filter so it keeps all the fonts inside the canvas area size the user selects?

You know where to reach me either my email or GimpChat.com

Thanks again,
-Rod

Here is B&P's reply to my suggestions.
Quote:
Andrei - B&P says on May 7, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hi Rod, I will keep your input in mind for future releases. Haven’t touched these scripts in a while. Might revisit them soon. Cheers!

If Andrei decides to re-visit these scripts, you can bet the plug-in will be even more awesome. :)
B&P is pretty cool. Keep your fingers crossed and don't forget the rain dance. :hexer :bigthup

Rain dancing usually (sometimes), helps to update or make certain cool python scripts appear out of thin air. :hehe

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 pm  (#29) 
GimpChat Member

yes, text effects must be what im lookin for. haha. ill have to learn to do them in inkscape as well. just wanna make some cool headers and titles. thanks guys. time to look for some good tutorials

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:38 pm  (#30) 
GimpChat Member

Haven't played with Tagxedo in a while, so why not. Heart's out to those in Belgium right now. Today, we are all Belgian.

Attachments:
Belgium.png
Belgium.png [ 765.23 KiB | Viewed 2154 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 am  (#31) 
GimpChat Member

Someone shared with me another site called WordArt. Haven't done one of these in quite a while. Site's free to use but useless unless you want to pay out (which I'm not, so just a screen shot). Can share the link created of course. Also learned another word today: riant. lol

https://wordart.com/c4915g8vzumt/word-art

Attachment:
happy.png
happy.png [ 270.19 KiB | Viewed 876 times ]