It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transparancy, multiply and images? HELP!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 pm  (#1) 

Hello everyone!

I dont know how complicatet this problem really is? But i really need help though :roll:

I am about to make my own logo/signature as a brush, so i can just sign with a click on my photos.
I am making it on a transparant layer, with normal letters, there is also an image that i found on the internet.. The image seems to be the problem really, but i really need it, it makes my signature complete, so here iam writing for helt :oops:

I've been trying to multiply my image on the transparent background, as i normally do on a normal colourd background, but on the transparant one, the whole image just disapears? I've also tried to screen it, but the same thing is happening :( I have tried to dublicate the layer, tried making a new layer, looked for tutorials, guids but nothing was helpfull :( :( :(

So therefor, i really hope that there are some brilliant minds who can help me!! :mrgreen:

Sorry for any spelling messups, cant help it. Im from DK ;)

Best regards from Mojo!

Attachments:
File comment: Here is the problem
Josephine kiss.xcf [94.25 KiB]
Downloaded 83 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Transparancy, multiply and images? HELP!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:40 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

I am not sure what you mean by multiply the layer, I played around with it and I was able to duplicate but not sure if that is what you mean.

Attachments:
Josephine kiss2.xcf [193.23 KiB]
Downloaded 78 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:48 pm  (#3) 

Ahh okay.. I wasn't sure that i explaind it right, so people would understand it :) But what i mean is, that on the file taht i but in, the mouth has its white background, and normally u would just multiply it so u only have the lip, without the white background..
Normally its not a problem for me to multiply the image, but i dont know how to do it on a transparant background..

The photo i uploaded here is a test. I have the real logo i made on a picture and that worked fine. But ofcourse that wasn't a transparent background

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:55 pm  (#4) 

Yes.. pricisly what u did, i cannot do? whay? i dunt know if it is because i have many layers on my original logo, witch i had to, to move the letters around to fit in. What i sent was just a test as i told erlyer :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:11 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

You need to remove the white behind the kiss, leaving the kiss. Then to enhance the kiss, duplicate it, once you remove the white, and set top layer to multiply.

To select the white background, use color select, set threshold to about 70, then press the delete button on keyboard to remove the white area. Use the blur tool to soften the edges of the lips.

Then duplicate, set top to multiply and reduce opacity level to suit.

Here is my reworked version of your file:

Attachments:
kiss.xcf [214.12 KiB]
Downloaded 90 times