It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Genius tablet isn't working properly :(
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:23 am  (#1) 

hi friends :) i'm new here :hi5 ..... yesterday i visited this site and discovered many useful tutorials :) a big thank from me :)

i have been using gimp for a little time and now i have a little problem when drawing on the canvas
i'm using genius 8X6 " pentablet on windows and it's not working properly in gimp ,the reason is the brush point is far far away from the canvas ( on the below pic highlighted with a red arrow ) when i'm going to draw something.....so it's not drawing on the canvas anymore ...... i do no how to fix it ....it only happens when i'm using the tablet, when i'm using the mouse it works very well .........if u can gimme a clue it would be great ......thanx a lot :)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Genius tablet isn't working properly :(
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:55 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Welcome agrmrs, glad to have you aboard. Hope you like it here as well as I do. You will get lots of help from all the talented people here.

As far as your pen tablet, I have a Bamboo tablet so I probably can't help with your problem.
I had the same thing happen but I just had to go to my control panel and open up the pen tablet dialog and make sure the pen was selected and also in the mouse tab, the pen was selected. That fixed my problem.

With your model, the settings may be different.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 am  (#3) 

thanx molly actually the settings seemed to be different in Genius tablets .....mm i asked another guy and he told me a method to fix it ...below is what he said .

"Windows has a problem with fullscreen mode on gimp as i know due to GTK....it is something that we can fix easily being sure we press "fullscreen mode" with the mouse pointer over a panel like Options dialog, not over the vanvas"

i have few problems regarding that .....i mean where can find a option dialog panel and how can i go to the full screen mode at once ......if some one can explain a bit it would be great ......thanx :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Full screen mode is under View in Gimp. It will be grayed out unless you have an active layer, e.g new layer open......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 am  (#5) 

molly wrote:
Full screen mode is under View in Gimp. It will be grayed out unless you have an active layer, e.g new layer open......

thanx mate i'll give it a try and post the result :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:35 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

So are you saying all I would need to do to fix it is set it as "full screen mode?" (I have the problem mentioned above) I've set it to fullscreen mode and it doesn't change anything really. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Make sure the mouse pointer is over a dialog not the canvas when you switch to full screen i think it said.
Welcome to Gimp Chat to both of you by the way! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:28 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks!

I fixed it a differan't way actually. I clicked on Snap to Guides (In veiw) and it was all better. But thanks for your help. :)