It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to avoid this thing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

The outlines of the drawing are done (thanks!) and now for the coloring part there is this blur effect in the image that makes it odd for the color to look at. I don't know what it is but is there any way that we can set some like "All colors other than transparent (color to alpha) will be in color black" to stop this effect. I guess its because they uploaded it in bad resolution.

Example of the blur effect we saw was something like this:

This is an example of the blur thing going on, the main color is black but it creates some other colors.

This one also scanned some sort of shading we don't need.

This is the same thing when you use the paintbrush hardness 50 that gives multiple shades of color. Since what we do is scan the sketch then do the outlines then after that color it. But during the color part the shades come out which is like dots and lines.

Its something like this post is talking about the other way around.

It should look from this

to this

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to avoid this thing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:26 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I tried the curves but it didn't change anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:25 pm  (#3) 
Global Moderator

You can posterize to reduce your colours. If you only want black and white (after desaturating or getting grey scale), go for the 2 colour option. It's under colours in the top menu
You will get this window - change the number to 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

Kenlee20 wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level

The outlines of the drawing are done (thanks!) and now for the coloring part there is this blur effect in the image that makes it odd for the color to look at. I don't know what it is but is there any way that we can set some like "All colors other than transparent (color to alpha) will be in color black" to stop this effect. I guess its because they uploaded it in bad resolution.

This is anti-aliasing and makes lines look smooth. Of course at 1600% zoom it looks weird, but it is meant to be looked at at 100% zoom... Guess which side is anti-aliased:

Attachment:
Antialiasing.png
Antialiasing.png [ 5.31 KiB | Viewed 2432 times ]

In fact the whole purpose of color-to-alpha is to preserve the anti-aliasing. See here for some explanations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:32 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

The first one got it but we need to color the image and the blurr thing made it odd to color. Its like the face has random dots. Anyway I did found the solution by accident when I misclicked that posterize from desaturation. Just that. I trying to make it look smooth but without making the color part odd.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm  (#6) 
Script Coder

Kenlee20 wrote:
The first one got it but we need to color the image and the blurr thing made it odd to color. Its like the face has random dots. Anyway I did found the solution by accident when I misclicked that posterize from desaturation. Just that. I trying to make it look smooth but without making the color part odd.

Follow the link I gave you above, it gives your the proper technique to recolor....