It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can all adjustments made to one image be batch applied to others?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:52 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

Hi all,

I have a photo/jpg that I opened in gimp and made a number of adjustments to as shown below (may have missed a few)...

Is there some way that I can have the values used for this image automatically applied to a bunch of other images?

The following are the sorts of things I did to the image that I'd like to automatically apply to all the others if possible... and thanks so much in advance for help with this question!

*created a new layer, and edited that layer for things like;
*color levels, saturation, brightness
*rotated just a few degrees
*cropped just enough to eliminate the blanks/transparent edges created by the rotation so I had a square image again.
*saved (so I'd have original to work with later if needed)

*flattened image (would prefer NOT to flatten if there's any way to export just the visible layer?)
*added a drop shadow
*resized image to optimize for the web/website display
*exported as jpg with a value selected for quality
*closed the file discarding changes (again, so I'd still have the original image and the layer available later if needed)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Can all adjustments made to one image be batch applied to others?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:08 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

maybe using bimp?

Post subject: Re: Can all adjustments made to one image be batch applied to others?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I'm not familiar with bimp... is it another program? Or a plugin? I last used Photoshop a few years ago and had used it a bit for some time plus other imaging software over the years, but just installed Gimp and started using it a few days ago...

I'm just looking for a way to make doing these images a bit faster than doing each by hand, even if only some of it can be done in a batch and some I have to do myself...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

a gimp plug-in
http://registry.gimp.org/node/26259

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

You might be able to do all or at least the bulk with BIMP
http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

You would not need a new layer since you would save to a different folder and/or rename and Bimp will do the flattening.

In Bimp (File -> Batch Image Manipulation) just keep adding operations, then apply to the list of files.

Here is a composite screenshot that might give some hints. It will often, but not always pick up other external scripts and plugins so not always limited to basic Gimp.
Attachment:
bimp.jpg
bimp.jpg [ 260.98 KiB | Viewed 2183 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

(thanks rich, you are much more explanatory with your snap images)