It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows executable plugins not working
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:54 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 8.2 64 bit
GIMP Experience: Advanced Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
See image

List any ERROR messages you received:
Unable to start apps.

I am unable to get these executable plug-ins to run in GIMP-2.8.14. Has anyone else had this problem? I also couldn't get APNG to run but i fixed that by placing the proper (older) 64 bit libpng15-15.dll file in the Gimp 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins folder.

The rest however will not run no matter where i place them. :)

Thanks.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Windows executable plugins not working
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:16 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Have you installed or uninstalled anything recently?
Have you tried System Restore?

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Don't have any of these plugins so can't help you. If you have a link to sharpfeather, I'll try it to tell you if I am having an issue or not Rod. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

Rod colorize and sharpfeather OK in my 2.8.14, can check rest if you like

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I just checked the plugins that I do have(astronomy, colorize, normal map, and help browser) from your list and no problems here. I noticed you have Win '8.2' I'm running 8.1, could this be the issue?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:32 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Charlie it shouldn't matter which platform. However type (32 bit or 64 bit) dll files may be the issue.

Most errors seem to stem from missing dll files.

Graechan did you run a path with preferences to separate folders for those two plug-ins? If not could you link me (PM) to the plug-ins that i need? Perhaps i have the wrong ones for 64 bit.

Lyle here is the sharpen plug-in for you to test. This may be a 32 bit plug-in i am not sure.
Attachment:
sharpfeather.zip [2.49 KiB]
Downloaded 144 times

Odin the problem arose after i installed G'MIC but i am certain that isn't the problem. I wonder if using all the GIMP-2.8.10 64 bit dll files will fix the issue? All these plug-ins ran fine in GIMP-2.8.10 for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:40 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

G'MIC can be the problem Rod. I had a dll issue that conflicted with another plugin so I now installed G'MIC in its own directory so it will use the dlls there and won't interfere with other plugins (how GIMP keeps that together's anyone's guess, but it works). Had this happen to me, as I recall, this past April. Of course, when I acquired my new system, I kept it that way. I'll try your sharpfeather plugin shortly. In the meantime, you might see if any of your plugins have shared dlls w/ G'MIC, then, you'll need to find the old dlls that work with your plugins, and move G'MIC to it's own director and point GIMP, of course, to G'MIC's new directory via add plugins. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:57 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

OK; getting missing libgimp-1-2-0.dll error. Sounds like this is a GIMP 1.2.4 plugin and may not be for GIMP 2x. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:00 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Just found Samj's comple of textureops/sharpfeather Rod: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5033&p=62919&hilit=sharpfeather#p62919

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:32 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
G'MIC can be the problem Rod. I had a dll issue that conflicted with another plugin so I now installed G'MIC in its own directory so it will use the dlls there and won't interfere with other plugins (how GIMP keeps that together's anyone's guess, but it works). Had this happen to me, as I recall, this past April. Of course, when I acquired my new system, I kept it that way. I'll try your sharpfeather plugin shortly. In the meantime, you might see if any of your plugins have shared dlls w/ G'MIC, then, you'll need to find the old dlls that work with your plugins, and move G'MIC to it's own director and point GIMP, of course, to G'MIC's new directory via add plugins. :)

To add to your info, I recently ran into a problem with G'MIC and I had been using a sub-directory also. Found that if I moved the G'MIC folder to the top in the folder priorities (where you added the folde3r in gimp), it solved the problem. Apparently G'MIC tried to go to the plugin folder before it went to it's own folder for dll's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:19 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 8.2 64 bit
GIMP Experience: Advanced Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
See image

List any ERROR messages you received:
Unable to start apps.

[ Image ]
I am unable to get these executable plug-ins to run in GIMP-2.8.14. Has anyone else had this problem? I also couldn't get APNG to run but i fixed that by placing the proper (older) 64 bit libpng15-15.dll file in the Gimp 2/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins folder.

The rest however will not run no matter where i place them. :)

Thanks.

Activated those plugins and put all of them into a specific folder together with the required .dll
None is working (maybe one, not sure), not even showing in the PDB.
I run last releases of Gimp and G'MIC, but on Windows 32bits.
So my message is probably useless for you (and certainly late), nevertheless I wanted to tell it