It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Preference For Asking GIMP Related Questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 pm  (#1) 
Global Moderator

I just thought I would put this out there for all the new members, and "old" :hehe members, too. It's quite ok if you ask about your GIMP software/scripts issues here on Gimpchat, as opposed to the Registry.

For starters, you'll probably get quicker responses here, than you will at the Registry. More importantly, you'll feel more involved with our little GIMP community by participating. Am I saying you aren't participating? No, not at all. I am suggesting that your confidence and determination will build as you develop your GIMP repertoire, simply by participating. (It's what I told my students, too.)

This little group of people here has taught me more about GIMP and GIMP related techniques in a few months, than I ever did in two whole years of internet searching. It's what keeps me coming back. :)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Preference For Asking GIMP Related Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am  (#2) 
Retired Staff

mahvin wrote:
This little group of people here has taught me more about GIMP and GIMP related techniques in a few months, than I ever did in two whole years of internet searching. It's what keeps me coming back. :)
You've taught me a lot about GIMP, mahvin. It's so good when we all pool our knowledge together. The whole is much greater than the sum of its parts in that regard.

I like the relaxed, friendly atmosphere here. We are serious about GIMP but we laugh, play and tease each other while we are at it. We have a nice off topic forum where we can share non-GIMP related subjects and a forum where we can discuss other software.

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many talented and friendly people. :grphug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Me too O. I love the way everyone here pulls together to get results quickly, and efficiently. :)
A great group of people if there ever was.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Agreed. This is one of the best forums I've ever joined for speed and volume of responses and overall helpfulness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I totally agree. I have learned more from this group than anywhere else in the month or so I have been here. There are gimp groups on IMVU but I have spent months there trying to learn from them hardly anything. lol Everyone is great and loads of fun. I hope this forum never goes away. :gimp

Liana

P.S. Is there a forum for inkscape like gimpchat? Just wondering. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm  (#6) 
Retired Staff

Lianam wrote:
P.S. Is there a forum for inkscape like gimpchat? Just wondering. :)
Try a Google search with Inkscape Forums as the search term. There are several to choose from.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

By having all the questions and answers posted here, it poses many good solutions to given issues. It gets us answers to questions we don't know how to put into words and helps us to learn things we would never have asked about.

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

:) as long as the masters are patient with the "grasshoppers" lol.....sometimes, what is obvious to the learned, is a mystery to the newbie.....but I do love it here... :gimp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Mahvin; you are a GIMP guru and personally am glad you hang out here to help folks like me too and not just GIMP issues though related to GIMP of course. :)

Psalm 109:8