It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moving the Canvas..?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:17 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.6.10
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 10
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
None. (I think.)

List any ERROR messages you received:
None.

Can somebody please help me with this? For the last 6 years or so, I've been using Gimp 2.6.10 with a Monoprice drawing tablet to do my digital art, and everything has run rather smoothly. But I've recently updated to both a new laptop and drawing tablet - A Huion 680 TF - and now I'm suddenly having issues.

With my old setup, I could hold down a button on my tablet pen to drag the entire canvas around, which made working on larger details a LOT easier. But now, even though the same button on my new pen SEEMS to be set to the same setting as the last one...it's not doing it.

Is there maybe a setting or something that I'm overlooking? I really dislike the newer versions of Gimp, and would love to keep from updating if I can. But I have a commission that I now can't really work on, because I can't move the canvas around like I need to.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Moving the Canvas..?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:03 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

There was a similar complaint here:

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-us ... ing-a-tool

...and it seems that if you are unable (or unwilling) to use the space bar in conjunction with your tablet you are stuck.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:28 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hmm...How odd. Changing the stylus button to function as the space bar brings up the movement icon, but it doesn't actually move the canvas unless I physically hold down the space bar...huh. My vote is it has something to do with Windows 10. Knew there was a reason I didn't upgrade...

But anywho, thank you for the link! Using the space bar isn't quite as convenient as just holding down a button on the pen, but it's a lot better than having to use the scroll bars. =3 Again, thank you so much. I might be able to get back to work on my commission, now! (As much as I really don't wanna do it...)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I use the space bar as well - never thought of using a button on the pen before!

Glad you got a way round anyway :).