It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Error messages.[SOLVED]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.20
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any ERROR messages you received:
See Post.

I saw there was a newer version of the Path Shape Creator tool, so I downloaded it, got rid of the old one and put the new one in it's place - the newer one ("arakne-path-shape-creator7") had a load of extra files (PY and PYC) that the one I was using before ("arakne-path-shape-creator4g") didn't have - so I put it all in my .gimp2.8 plug-ins folder.. opened Gimp but couldn't find the tool anywhere, so not really knowing what to do I moved some of the extra PY files to the GIMP2/lib/plugins folder, opened up again but nothing, so by this time I decided to simply get rid of the new files and re-install the old (4g) plug-in.
Everything was back to normal now, except, every time I now open GIMP I get the following errors, yet it doesn't seem to affect anything detrimentally.. or at all as far as I can tell. I tried re-installing GIMP altogether but the errors still come up - anyone know what's going on here ?? Thanks..

Last edited by Zero01 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Error messages.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

All the files should go in your Gimp profile, no need to create extra folders...etc.

You probably got a mixture of old and new files. The python .py files create new compiled .pyc when run so check that all are cleaned out.

something like

There is a Path Creator 8 available
http://www.arakne.es/en/programming/pyt ... reator-v8/

and it does say
quote - This version is not compatible with the previous, is mandatory delete the folder shapes and arakne-path-shape-creatorX.py. - unquote

Does it work? - yes

Post subject: Re: Error messages.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, i had a couple of leftover files that I hadn't got rid of, that was it!
Much obliged and I'll check the new version out at some point (must remember to do everything correctly this time!) Thanks for link. :)