It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to set color picker as right click ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:02 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: xubuntu 17.04
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

Hi, I need help from someone who is familiar with and uses a wacom tablet to draw in gimp and other programs. i'm trying to further speed up me workflow in gimp so i can get it on par with the rest of the drawing programs i use, and i want to be able to right-click on my wacom stylus to select a color from my drawing canvas , just like i can do in firealpaca, ,mangastudio, paint tool sai ,and krita. I need to be able to do this so i can color pick from my sketches rapidly whilst rendering/painting , it sucks having to manually use keyboard shortcuts to switch from color picker to brush and back and forth , its too slow that way. and i want like i have it in krita, sai etc,, Anyone know how to achieve this?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to set color picker as right click ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:22 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Should already be in there.
Instead of clicking on the layer and right clicking, go out to your canvas and right click, go down to tools and it should be under there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:25 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

Gingle wrote:

Hi, I need help from someone who is familiar with and uses a wacom tablet to draw in gimp and other programs. i'm trying to further speed up me workflow in gimp so i can get it on par with the rest of the drawing programs i use, and i want to be able to right-click on my wacom stylus to select a color from my drawing canvas , just like i can do in firealpaca, ,mangastudio, paint tool sai ,and krita. I need to be able to do this so i can color pick from my sketches rapidly whilst rendering/painting , it sucks having to manually use keyboard shortcuts to switch from color picker to brush and back and forth , its too slow that way. and i want like i have it in krita, sai etc,, Anyone know how to achieve this?

Already there somehow, depress Control and the brush changes to a color picker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:
Should already be in there.
Instead of clicking on the layer and right clicking, go out to your canvas and right click, go down to tools and it should be under there.

yeah but that is not what i want, I want to be able to use my stylus button as color pick mode

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:08 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

ofnuts wrote:
Gingle wrote:

Already there somehow, depress Control and the brush changes to a color picker.

i wasnt using control to change to color picker, i need help getting my stylus button to pickcolor just like Ctrl does

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:55 am  (#6) 
Script Coder

Basically, without changing the code source, you can't. Right-click is the contextual menu and this is buried deep down in the Gimp GUI. The Gimp UI is designed to be used with one hand on the keyboard, and one hand on the mouse/stylus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:36 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

ofnuts wrote:
Basically, without changing the code source, you can't. Right-click is the contextual menu and this is buried deep down in the Gimp GUI. The Gimp UI is designed to be used with one hand on the keyboard, and one hand on the mouse/stylus.

aww this is pretty depressing for me to read, oh well, perhaps maybe one day you as a script-coder can bring about this change. If you did actually decide to do that, the world would a better place for me i think.
but maybe theres a gimp plugin out there that does this , cheers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:23 pm  (#8) 
Script Coder

Gingle wrote:
ofnuts wrote:

aww this is pretty depressing for me to read, oh well, perhaps maybe one day you as a script-coder can bring about this change. If you did actually decide to do that, the world would a better place for me i think.
but maybe theres a gimp plugin out there that does this , cheers

As as I said, when pigs will fly, or when you change some core code in Gimp (without breaking anything...). Well out of the reach of a script/plugin (which, by design, cannot act on the UI anyway).