It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unsolved Error messages
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:07 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 10
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

I have been reading the other Error message "Solved" thread, and nothing there seemed to help

The trouble I am having started when my saved PNG files started spitting out error messages pertaining to thumbnail view
The next day this continued and whenever I saved a png image it would save 2 of the same images

Looking at the other thread, I unchecked read only box, it would ask if I wanted it for all the files in the folder and I clicked yes
Everything looked like it would work NOPE went back and it was back on read only again???
Here are the startup errors

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Unsolved Error messages
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I went back and checked to see when the last time I got a Windows 10 update, and it was weeks ago so I dont think thats the problem.
I havent added any new filters or extensions in gimp so I dont understand How from working fine, to a hardly usable program?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:22 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Norseman143 wrote:
I went back and checked to see when the last time I got a Windows 10 update, and it was weeks ago so I dont think thats the problem.
I havent added any new filters or extensions in gimp so I dont understand How from working fine, to a hardly usable program?

Once again...

Have you tried creating a new GIMP User Profile?

I would also suggest doing a security scan of some sort.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:46 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Walley
I haven't done anything to gimp to cause this to happen. I use gimp everyday the same way
I occasionally come here to see if anyone has any interesting filters but havent added anything new for months.

I use Windows defender that checks and updates everyday

I dont understand why re doing the user profile would help? wouldnt it be better to reinstall Gimp?

But if I do that, then I wont know what caused it to happen in the first place

People on the other thread said that be unchecking the read only box, that that did it. But when I do it. It doesnt stay unchecked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 pm  (#5) 
Administrator

Norseman143 wrote:
Walley
I haven't done anything to gimp to cause this to happen. I use gimp everyday the same way
I occasionally come here to see if anyone has any interesting filters but havent added anything new for months.

I use Windows defender that checks and updates everyday

I dont understand why re doing the user profile would help? wouldnt it be better to reinstall Gimp?

But if I do that, then I wont know what caused it to happen in the first place

People on the other thread said that be unchecking the read only box, that that did it. But when I do it. It doesnt stay unchecked

Doing a re-installation,
should be a last resort. After all other options have been tried.

Everything that has already been suggested,
is just that a suggestion.
You can take these suggestion or not.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I would have sworn it would have been because of a Windows 10 update, but I havent gotton a new update for a couple of weeks.
Whats weird is it kicks out hundreds of error messages saying it cant preview the image but I can see the image that it says it cant preview .
Another thing I cant figure out is, when I unclick the read only box, like the other people did in the other thread, It doesnt stay unchecked. I look again and its still checked?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:37 pm  (#7) 
Administrator

Norseman143 wrote:
I would have sworn it would have been because of a Windows 10 update, but I havent gotton a new update for a couple of weeks.
Whats weird is it kicks out hundreds of error messages saying it cant preview the image but I can see the image that it says it cant preview .
Another thing I cant figure out is, when I unclick the read only box, like the other people did in the other thread, It doesnt stay unchecked. I look again and its still checked?

It sounds to me,
that this is a windows system issue.

Do you know of the program RogueKiller Portable?
If not;
I suggest you search for this free program and run it.
There may be something lurking on your system creating these issues.

Also,
look into Process Explorer and get it.
You may have something running,
that is also causing issues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 am  (#8) 
Script Coder

_Zdlpvy is an entry point in the GCC open source library for C++. If you are missing it, it is possibly because you installed an older version of the library recently that is loaded ahead of the one Gimp provided. This could be caused by the installation of another program with open source origins (Inkscape, a RAW processor, etc...). Did you install anything recently?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:21 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

ofnuts wrote:
_Zdlpvy is an entry point in the GCC open source library for C++. If you are missing it, it is possibly because you installed an older version of the library recently that is loaded ahead of the one Gimp provided. This could be caused by the installation of another program with open source origins (Inkscape, a RAW processor, etc...). Did you install anything recently?

No I didnt add or change anything, thats whats got me so confused. I havent done anything different or added anything new
Get this! I gave up and reinstalled Gimp, Gmic and a gimp extension package I like. (That I have always had)
I got one error message while it was starting and I am still getting the thumbnail error message!
It isnt just one, it keeps kicking out one after the other hundreds of them.it doesnt stop until I find an image it wont do it with
This has got me stumped. All the images I work with are either PNG or Jpeg which I have never had problems with Gimp
I have added some fonts but I load them to Windows so I dont think thats it

Post subject: Re: Unsolved Error messages [SOLVED]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

I think I've solved this set of errors that only started appearing after installing GIMP_Extensions_v2.8.20150403.exe

After much searching online and an equal amount of cussing, my focus was drawn towards the libstdc++-6.dll file in the C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins folder. What bugged me was the small file size (990kb) compared to other versions of the dll that I found scattered on my HD. To squelch the error, I renamed the dll in the plug-ins folder to libstdc++-6.dll.old and copied the 1370kb dll from the C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin folder into the plug-ins folder.

The subject line of this topic should get changed, but I am reluctant to do so until other members confirm this is a solution that doesn't break other features and plug-ins that I haven't used yet.

========= note === 2018-04-09 ==============
I'm changing the Title of the thread to include [SOLVED] as I recently helped a friend repair his GIMP after installing the plug-in EXE as listed in the message above. Forgive me please, if this is not acceptable to change the Topic Title. My solution fixed the issue and I've not seen any other solutions. Hopefully, this solution will help others who suffer a similar set of errors after installing the plug-in package.