It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:42 am


Latest GIMP Scripts & Plug-ins

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 3098
GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



I use my ipad2 sometimes to read GimpChat and other sites when I don't have my computer. My ID and password are the same for both. About 2 weeks ago, the iPad would not accept my password. After multiple attempts, I now have to prove I am not a robot by moving item names from one column to another. I have not been able to do this. Do not get the appropriate prompts for moving, cutting or pasting. Have tried with using my finger as well as with a stylus pen. Nothing works. No problem on the computer. I have not changed passwords, ID's. Any suggestions? I even tried to re register but states someone already has those names. Appreciate any help offered. Thank you.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 2884
Location: Tin from Victoria BC Canada
I don't know what the problem is but i know on GL,
whenever I have problem logging in i check the check box that says keeps me logged in or automatically log me in and it works. you should try that.

_________________
T.
Image gimplearn.net                                                                           


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:14 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 9378
Location: Formerly From NYC, Now in Arizona
I'm also not sure what the issue might be,
but in addition to trandoductin suggestion.
Do you use any kind of security or antivirus software with your ipad2?
If you do,
perhaps you can turn it off and try logging on to Gimp Chat,
to see if this does anything.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image
My YouTube Channel


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 3098
thank you Tin and Wallace for answering. I have tried both of your suggestions and no results. I do not have a virus checkers on the iPad. I don't know why it would not take my password in the first place but the problem now is that I have to move words from one column to another so that it knows I am not a bot. Cannot find a way to move the text. I tried dragging it with my finger and stylus pen but neither work. You can select but no way to move the word.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 9378
Location: Formerly From NYC, Now in Arizona
Pat625 wrote:
thank you Tin and Wallace for answering. I have tried both of your suggestions and no results. I do not have a virus checkers on the iPad. I don't know why it would not take my password in the first place but the problem now is that I have to move words from one column to another so that it knows I am not a bot. Cannot find a way to move the text. I tried dragging it with my finger and stylus pen but neither work. You can select but no way to move the word.

Have you tried using a different web browser,
to see if this issue continues?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image
My YouTube Channel


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:51 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14135
Pat625 wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



I use my ipad2 sometimes to read GimpChat and other sites when I don't have my computer. My ID and password are the same for both. About 2 weeks ago, the iPad would not accept my password. After multiple attempts, I now have to prove I am not a robot by moving item names from one column to another. I have not been able to do this. Do not get the appropriate prompts for moving, cutting or pasting. Have tried with using my finger as well as with a stylus pen. Nothing works. No problem on the computer. I have not changed passwords, ID's. Any suggestions? I even tried to re register but states someone already has those names. Appreciate any help offered. Thank you.


Pat, did you try rebooting your ipad?
There is a small button on the left side near the bottom, hold that button and your round off and on button until you see the apple come up on your screen, then let go of the buttons. If you try that it might fix it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 3098
Thanks Molly. I have done that many times, but not effective.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14135
Maybe someone can help you that has an ipad. Could be some little thing you are overlooking.

What about removing your password then re enter it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 3098
I tried the prompt "forgot my password"and enter my user name and e-mail. States will send message to my email but have never received it. I have done this several times.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm  (#10) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 9378
Location: Formerly From NYC, Now in Arizona
Pat625 wrote:
I tried the prompt "forgot my password"and enter my user name and e-mail. States will send message to my email but have never received it. I have done this several times.

I'm sorry about this Pat625.
Something is wrong with Gimp Chat and I've contacted Omega about this issue,
but he has not replied to my message.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image
My YouTube Channel


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group