It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

I use my ipad2 sometimes to read GimpChat and other sites when I don't have my computer. My ID and password are the same for both. About 2 weeks ago, the iPad would not accept my password. After multiple attempts, I now have to prove I am not a robot by moving item names from one column to another. I have not been able to do this. Do not get the appropriate prompts for moving, cutting or pasting. Have tried with using my finger as well as with a stylus pen. Nothing works. No problem on the computer. I have not changed passwords, ID's. Any suggestions? I even tried to re register but states someone already has those names. Appreciate any help offered. Thank you.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Cannot Login to GC on iPad2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 pm  (#2) 
Script Coder

I don't know what the problem is but i know on GL,
whenever I have problem logging in i check the check box that says keeps me logged in or automatically log me in and it works. you should try that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:14 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
I'm also not sure what the issue might be,
but in addition to trandoductin suggestion.
Do you use any kind of security or antivirus software with your ipad2?
If you do,
perhaps you can turn it off and try logging on to Gimp Chat,
to see if this does anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

thank you Tin and Wallace for answering. I have tried both of your suggestions and no results. I do not have a virus checkers on the iPad. I don't know why it would not take my password in the first place but the problem now is that I have to move words from one column to another so that it knows I am not a bot. Cannot find a way to move the text. I tried dragging it with my finger and stylus pen but neither work. You can select but no way to move the word.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 pm  (#5) 
Administrator

Pat625 wrote:
thank you Tin and Wallace for answering. I have tried both of your suggestions and no results. I do not have a virus checkers on the iPad. I don't know why it would not take my password in the first place but the problem now is that I have to move words from one column to another so that it knows I am not a bot. Cannot find a way to move the text. I tried dragging it with my finger and stylus pen but neither work. You can select but no way to move the word.

Have you tried using a different web browser,
to see if this issue continues?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:51 am  (#6) 
Global Moderator

Pat625 wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

I use my ipad2 sometimes to read GimpChat and other sites when I don't have my computer. My ID and password are the same for both. About 2 weeks ago, the iPad would not accept my password. After multiple attempts, I now have to prove I am not a robot by moving item names from one column to another. I have not been able to do this. Do not get the appropriate prompts for moving, cutting or pasting. Have tried with using my finger as well as with a stylus pen. Nothing works. No problem on the computer. I have not changed passwords, ID's. Any suggestions? I even tried to re register but states someone already has those names. Appreciate any help offered. Thank you.

Pat, did you try rebooting your ipad?
There is a small button on the left side near the bottom, hold that button and your round off and on button until you see the apple come up on your screen, then let go of the buttons. If you try that it might fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks Molly. I have done that many times, but not effective.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

Maybe someone can help you that has an ipad. Could be some little thing you are overlooking.

What about removing your password then re enter it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

I tried the prompt "forgot my password"and enter my user name and e-mail. States will send message to my email but have never received it. I have done this several times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm  (#10) 
Administrator

Pat625 wrote:
I tried the prompt "forgot my password"and enter my user name and e-mail. States will send message to my email but have never received it. I have done this several times.

I'm sorry about this Pat625.
Something is wrong with Gimp Chat and I've contacted Omega about this issue,
but he has not replied to my message.