It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Image in gimp vs Image printed - color mismatch? Help! [solved]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: LM 17.3
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

I took a digital picture of the inside of a wood roof. I expected to see reds and browns. The image looks great no matter how I view it online (Gimp, Gwenview, Imagemagick, Dolphin preview, okular). When I print the image on a HP OfficeJet 6700, it is dull and has a murky greenish hue to it. From doing some searching, this might be called color mismatch, maybe :? I selected Print Quality: Best.

Anyone know how to print an image with colors that more closely resemble what one sees online? Anything is better than what I have now. How do I get rid of a print greenish hue that doesn't appear to exist online?

Thank you.

Update:

Well, it looks like it was the HP printer cartridge... well so much for genuine HP cartridges ;-)
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Pr ... -p/5852268

I've cleaned the heads and followed procedures. I've printed an entire page of just yellow several times, and it is slowly becoming more yellow. However, I've used up the cartridge. Ho hum....

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati