Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:22 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10.12
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
N/A

List any ERROR messages you received:
N/A

Hi everyone. I just downloaded Gimp newer version and I have a concern. When I start Gimp and it goes through the starting plugins process, I get this programs (like cmd) flashing. Should I worry about that or every Windows user are experiencing the same. I will appreciate any help or knowledge. Thank you.

Re: Gimp 2.10.12 Flashes plugins

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Pocholo,
I had the same thing on a Windows 7 but not on the Windows 10.
But it's just the first time he's started. :)

Re: Gimp 2.10.12 Flashes plugins

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am

Here in linuxland I love starting Gimp with the '-v' switch for 'verbose'. Amazing how many old scripts and plugins no longer work. It's a great way for troubleshooting a script or plugin.

Re: Gimp 2.10.12 Flashes plugins Updated

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:47 pm

All of the plugins and scripts works. It's only that when Gimp starts, a bunch of the plugins process windows pop up, it's annoying.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Re: Gimp 2.10.12 Flashes plugins (Updated)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Looks like your PC is struggling to keep up? Mine loads in about 4 seconds after I click on the launcher for the first time. Faster than that when I re-Launch. I only see the splash screen for a second or two.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Wow that is fast! :coolthup Thank you for your answer, but it's not my PC, because it's doing this with all of my PC.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 pm

Well, must be a Windows thing? I don't use Windows, so can't test. I'd post a video on how fast Gimp loads in Linux, but that may only depress you more.

Anyway, the terminal window is the command for each script that uses an exe file. Is that how it usually is in Windows?

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Here are most of the screens from the video,
which pop up when Gimp is launched.
I've looked at some of them and seems that this is Python and the associated plugins.
Maybe someone with more knowledge then myself.
Can look at this an offer some kind of solution.
vlcsnap-2019-07-31-16h57m38s128.png
vlcsnap-2019-07-31-16h57m38s128.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 4595 times

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Perhaps remove all those python scripts and try again to see what happens.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Wallace wrote:
Here are most of the screens from the video,
which pop up when Gimp is launched.
I've looked at some of them and seem that this is Python and the associated plugins.
Maybe someone with more knowledge then myself.
Can look at this an offer some kind of solution.
vlcsnap-2019-07-31-16h57m38s128.png

Thank you Wallace for showing me each of those slides, and Racer for the tips. Wallace, with your tip on each Python programs I was able to read them and it was 3 python scripts. "Arakne Path creator.py", "Make_Size.py" and "Selection Bevel 2.3.py". Somehow in the new version 2.10.12, this plugins manifest that way. I got rid of them and now Gimp is working the way it should. I wonder if there is a fix for those plugins. Anyway, thanks a lot, Wallace and Racer "you're the Men!". :jumpclap :clap

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Pocholo wrote:
Thank you Wallace for showing me each of those slides, and Racer for the tips. Wallace, with your tip on each Python programs I was able to read them and it was 3 python scripts. "Arakne Path creator.py", "Make_Size.py" and "Selection Bevel 2.3.py". Somehow in the new version 2.10.12, this plugins manifest that way. I got rid of them and now Gimp is working the way it should. I wonder if there is a fix for those plugins. Anyway, thanks a lot, Wallace and Racer "you're the Men!". :jumpclap :clap

I'm happy it helped.
It took me a while to get all the screenshots of all those pop ups.
Post a reply