It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: drawing tablet and mouse conflicts?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:06 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.12
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 7 pro
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
gimp paint studio

i got a drawing tablet and hooked it up to my computer. it has hotkeys on the side that can be programmed to do various things through the tablet software.

i started gimp and got the hotkeys on the tablet all set up, but found that pressure sensitivity wasn't working. i looked around and found that i needed to set the tablet to 'screen' mode under 'input devices'. when i did this, the pressure sensitivity started working.

however, when i did that, it also disabled the hotkeys on the tablet. apparently what is happening is that gimp registers the mouse and the tablet inputs differently, so that one could use the mouse for one tool, and the tablet for another.

what happens is that, with the tablet plugged in, i can move the mouse around and select the tool options and whatever i care to do, and while using the mouse, the buttons and scroll features on the side of the tablet work fine. but as soon as i bring the tip of the pen close to the screen of the tablet, it switches over to tablet input and loads a different set of tool settings, and for whatever reason, the shortcut buttons on the tablet stop working.

if i go into the input device options and set the tablet back to 'disabled', i can use the shortcut buttons on the side of the tablet, but i lose the pressure sensitivity again.

what is going on and is there a way to have both at the same time?

the tablet i am using is an xp-pen artist display 13.3 pro, if that helps.

some other threads i saw while searching around for solutions, that weren't directly related to my problem but that seemed to offer clues:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2400
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14573
https://www.reddit.com/r/GIMP/comments/ ... king_with/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati