It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wacom tablet problem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

Tried to find a post about similar problem and couldn't find one that would bring a solution so here goes:

I recently purchased a Wacom Intuos S, but I haven't been able to change the pressure settings to other than the basic on/off setting (basically how mouse works). I've updated the drivers for the tablet, re-installed GIMP (ver. 2.8.14), changed the mode to "Screen" from Input Devices Settings and changed the dynamics to Pressure Opascity from Brush settings. The pen registers pressure while tested in Wacom's own app but not in GIMP.

For some reason in GIMP's Input Devices menu the Wacom items are grayed out but I can still change the settings (see picture below).

Is there still something to do or is my tablet incompatible with GIMP?

Attachments:
penproblem.png
penproblem.png [ 34.27 KiB | Viewed 2969 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Wacom tablet problem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:36 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Your tablet should be compatible to the best of my knowledge. I remember when I started using a wacom with Gimp 2.6 and there was a bug that meant you have to open Gimp with the tablet to force it to read the tablet. I thought this had been fixed but maybe it hasn't. Other than that, I can't help you but I hope somebody can. I understand it is frustrating!