It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cannot seem to scale the print size
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:34 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

There seems to me that there is no obvious way to scale a 8.5" X 22" image to print two pages. I got it to go from 2.7" X 4" to 4.1" X 10.6", but I really do not want to mess around with multiplying the print density (pix/inch) by 2.1 in order to get it "pretty close". The attached snapshots show what I set under "Print Size" and the print dialog box. The "Print Size" shows exactly what I want to have happen, but it seems something is interfering. There is no ability to scale the print dialog either. So, I'm stuck.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Cannot seem to scale the print size
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

On the whole you cannot print to a full page. Your printer has margins(*), and your image is usually resized to fit in the print area (whatever does this doesn't take in account any margins inside the Gimp image).

(*) and the actual print position on the page would like not be accurate enough, so you would get a thin margin somewhere and a few lost pixels on the opposite side.