It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMP Question
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:18 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

Hi, I'm new to sublimation and am using GIMP. I have been trying to set up my template/positioning for mug sublimation but struggling with it and cannot find an online tutorial that answers my question. When I duplicate my image (so it will be pressed onto the front and back of the mug) I don't seem to be able to print it from GIMP. If I export it and print then I get the both images but if I print directly from GIMP then I only get the original image and not the duplicated one. What am I dong wrong? Is there a last step with the layers that I am missing? Thanks

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Question
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:33 am  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Hi linda. I would normally do my image in gimp - save it and then open it in a different image viewer (I use Irfanview) then print it. bTW welcome to Gimp Chat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 am  (#3) 

Thank you for the help. Will another image viewer maintain the ICC profile? When I exported an then printed as a png the colours were awful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:00 am  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Working with only 2 computers and different printers i usually find that the lighter an image is the better it will print. What we view on our screens is good for
web pictures but it is a completely different matter if you want to make hard copies.
If this does not answer your question please disregard and wait for someone else to jump in - their are a few on here who could give you a good answer - It's just the wrong time of day ;)