It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Color changes to last color when I touch tablet pen to tablet. HELP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

Hi there! First post, I just started using GIMP with my XP-PEN artist 22e pro. I know some GIMP basics, but until I got this tablet the last time I had a tablet and was able to do any digital art was over a decade ago and have been doing mostly traditional media since.

The problem that I am having now is that I'm attempting to do a digital painting and things seemed to being running somewhat smoothly however the last time I tried to change to a new color, when I touch the pen to the screen the color goes back to the last color I used and not the new color that I just selected. I have no idea what could have changed to cause this to happen. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the tablet pen needs to be charged, but is there anything else that could have caused this to happen?

I am very much a noob so any help is greatly appreciated :oops:

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Color changes to last color when I touch tablet pen to tablet. HEL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:45 pm  (#2) 

Try selecting the colour and changing it with the pen and not the mouse. Does this help?

Post subject: Re: Color changes to last color when I touch tablet pen to tablet. HEL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:04 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

This is because:

1) In Gimp, your stylus and your mouse are two different pointers
2) By default, each "pointer" has its own settings (associated tool, and "context" such as a colors, gradient... ). This can be checked with with "Windows>Dockable dialogs>Device status".

You can make a few things common using "Edit>Preferences>Tool options>Paint options shared between tools"