It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cant load GMIC plugin in gimp
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:24 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.18
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: 20.10
GIMP Experience: New User

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
GMIC

Hi,

I've been trying to install the gmic plugin on my given config (lubuntu 20.10, gimp 2.10.18, gmic 2.9.4).
The archive from gmic website has been unzipped, the file named gmic_2.9.4_gimp2.10_ubuntu_groovy_amd64 been copied to the path /home/my_sexy_username/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins, rebooted my pc and gimp a number of times, but the plugin doesnt show up in the filters menu when i have a picture opened.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Cant load GMIC plugin in gimp
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:33 pm  (#2) 

I was able to solve it. My plugin was extracted from the extraction program in the plugins folder, which made a sub folder and then the plugin inside it. Pretty dumb, but glad i figured it out.

Post subject: Re: Cant load GMIC plugin in gimp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:29 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

That is the way Gimp 2.10.x now works.
A folder with the same name as the plugin is now recognised. ( have a look in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ for examples ) Not required for a single file plugin, that is most of the linux binaries and python plugins, where any dependencies (QT5 in the case of gmic_gimp_qt) are installed in the root system.

Makes sense for Windows versions of gmic_gimp_qt where the plugin comes with a host of dependencies, lots of dll's ... but again only for specific plugins.