It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Color Adjusting Help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:55 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User

If I know a color that is in the picture, meaning I know its RGB, how can I adjust the entire photo automatically using this color as a base or matching point? Is their a tutorial on how to do this, or a youtube video?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Color Adjusting Help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

There is an auto-white balance script that works like this: you sample something that should be neutral gray (R=G=B) in the image, and it applies a global correction to the image so that it is indeed neutral gray:

http://luca.dealfaro.org/photography/Whitebalance

However this is an old script that is designed to work with the gamma-corrected processing done in Gimp up to Gimp 2.8, It still works in 2.10 (because Gimp simulates 2.8 color processing in to scripts) but it shouldn't be necessary, since you can do pretty much the same thing directly in Curves now.