It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Printing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:55 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.10.24
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

I'm having trouble printing to my Epson WF-7720 with Gimp 2.10.24 release 3. I've got Super B (13x19") paper loaded. The image size is set to 13"x19" 300dpi. The print dialog won't go down to 300dpi and the image size won't go up to 13x19 portrait. What am I missing?

Attachments:
printissue.jpg
printissue.jpg [ 140.8 KiB | Viewed 1345 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Printing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:33 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

The specs say the Epson WF-7720 prints up to 13" x 19"

The Windows Gimp print plugin is just a link to the Windows printer driver supplied by Epson
First look in `File -> Print -> Preferences` which should take you to the Epson Printer Driver. Check that there is a Super B sheet size, or maybe a User Defined Setup 13" x 9" . (certainly not possible on my lowly Brother printer ) . That might let you set up margins and ppi in the Image Setup.

Attachment:
winprint.jpg
winprint.jpg [ 111.94 KiB | Viewed 1330 times ]

..or..maybe not There have been reports that Gimp always defaults to US letter size.

The Windows Print is known to be less than wonderful, after all Gimp is a linux application.
Use some other program for printing. Did the printer come with any image editing application ? Even a cut-down one but known to work with your printer. Export the image from Gimp and use that for printing.