It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: installing 3rd party paint brushes (techie question)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:56 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.10.22
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: Mojave
GIMP Experience: Basic Level
URL or Image link: https://github.com/SenlinOS/SLOS-GIMPainter

SOLVED: see below...

I learned about some free pro paint brushes you can install in GIMP from this Davies Media tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKsuUl4i4AU) but I am wondering something.

He is downloading into his downloads folder and then working from there to bring them into GIMP. I usually delete items from that folder or later move them. Once the files are brought into GIMP, can I delete them out of the Downloads folder or should I move them somewhere else on my computer and then bring them into GIMP.

Thanks!
Deanna

PS he mentions in the video that he heard of these brushes from the GIMP site.

SO WHAT'S THE VERDICT? ....YES, move the folder is what I learned! I realized I could just delete the files and see if GIMP could see still see and no, it could not! So I now have a new folder called Gimp files. :-). ...thought I'd share in case anyone else wondered.

AND btw, the paint brushes are cool!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati