It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BRL box too big in Windows 10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:40 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

I know this question has been asked umpteen times before, and yes, I have read all the answers here on Gimpchat (and Google too) but I have not been able to understand the directions for the solution. Could anybody tell me the solution in simple terms? Problem is the BRL box in Windows 10 is too big and I can't reach the "okay" button on it. What I do is File > Create > Logos (Gimpchat.com) > Bevel Reflect Logo > Script-Fu: this takes me to the BRL box that is too big for me to reach the "Okay" button. I've tried the recommended solution of Edit > Preferences > Theme --but I don't know what I's supposed to do from there. I think there is something I'm supposed to be downloading but I can't figure what. Thanks for any help. :gaah

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: BRL box too big in Windows 10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:07 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/
I always use altdrag.. I like this

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

There is a script or plugin for a scroll bar for them.
Try this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18030
or You will find it here:-
https://www.gimpscripts.net/search?q=Sc ... +interface

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:01 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Just hit the "Alt" key on your keyboard and stay on it, then click on that window and drag it up (you can click anywhere on that window).
If the left "Alt" does not work, do it with the one on the right of your space bar (can be called "AltGr")

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:03 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks everyone for your help but I'm afraid I was unsuccessful.

Altdrag said it was incompatible with Windows keyboard set up and the workaround was beyond my capabilities.

The Alt button didn't work.

I tried both of the scrolling interfaces but both of them said they couldn't proceed. I upgraded my Gimp 2.10.14 to 2.10.24 but got the same message. [I couldn't find a scrolling interface for 2.10.24.]. When I try them I just keep getting the message "The code execution cannot proceed because libgimp config 2.0-0.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." It doesn't.

So I guess I just don't have BRL anymore. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

My BRL works without the need for scrolling. 1920x1080 screen.

Looks like this. is yours different?

Attachments:
BRL.png
BRL.png [ 133.84 KiB | Viewed 5036 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:08 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, mine is too big for the Windows screen. As you can see, I can't reach the Okay button at the bottom.

Attachments:
BRL.png
BRL.png [ 361.78 KiB | Viewed 5029 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:36 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Ok I was going to post some old files to try but I see the problem.

Grab the script-fu box corner and resize it until the bottom with the OK shows and you get the scroll bar.

This a demo (of sorts) 2 minutes https://youtu.be/AKbRUHV_6Tw no audio

On second thoughts I will add the zip anyway.

Attachments:
BL-kit.zip [150.06 KiB]
Downloaded 77 times

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:19 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Could you tell me what to do to re-size it? (All I know to do is hit the Gimp button on the top left and click "Size" which gives me the Move four arrows, but that doesn't do anything --i.e. box won't move vertically, just horizontally.)

Your video says " Video unavailable. This video is private."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:31 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

newtogimp wrote:
Yes, mine is too big for the Windows screen. As you can see, I can't reach the Okay button at the bottom.

I got it to work with 2.10.28

It works on all of them, you just have to grab a corner and shrink.

Last edited by mackenzieh on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:
There is a script or plugin for a scroll bar for them.
Try this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18030
or You will find it here:-
https://www.gimpscripts.net/search?q=Sc ... +interface

Once I have the download, where does it go? There isn't really an explanation on how to install it and I think that's where some users go wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:18 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

How did you get it to work? (I think you got it resized, but how did you do that?)

As far as I can figure, the fix is to download a Scrolling Interface Plug-In for the version of Gimp you have. I'm now using Gimp version 2.10.24 and I can't find a Scrolling Interface Plug-In for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:31 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

newtogimp wrote:
How did you get it to work? (I think you got it resized, but how did you do that?)

As far as I can figure, the fix is to download a Scrolling Interface Plug-In for the version of Gimp you have. I'm now using Gimp version 2.10.24 and I can't find a Scrolling Interface Plug-In for it.

What I did was pick a corner and shrink it to where I could see everything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:32 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

:( Oh. That doesn't work for me. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

newtogimp wrote:
:( Oh. That doesn't work for me. :(

Have you tried updating to version 2.10.28? The scrollbar works with BRL, just not Bling Text Logo. Also, GMIC doesn't work in 2.10.28.. just a heads up.

The link to 2.10.28 is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19594

Post #7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:37 pm  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

I've downloaded 2.10.28 but still doesn't work for me. I am just going further and further down the rabbit hole I think!

Every time I try to use the Scrolling Interface Plug-in, it tells me it can't find the necessary "libgimp." I tracked down that a "libgimp" is something that is from Gimp that enables the plug-in. So, I went looking.

Turns out I have my Gimp stuff stored on Windows C: Users, and, on Windows C: Program Files. The libgimps were all in the Program Files. So, I copied them to the Users, where the plug-ins were.

No joy. Plug-ins still say they can't find their libgimps.

As you can see, I am hopelessly confused. I had the same problem with the BRL box in previous Gimp versions but I solved it by just dragging my Windows tool bar to the side of the screen, which opened up enough screen room on the top and bottom of the BRL box for me to get to the "Okay."

Wish that still worked! I want to make gold text, was going to use my gold emap that I've used often in the past, but without being able to get to that "Okay" on the BRL box, that's out. Guess I'll just Google how to make gold text. Disappointing! :hoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 am  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

Yeah... I can understand your frustration, that "OK" below.... I'm on Linux so I don't care as I can drag it up, but still... :roll:
In all case I don't know if it's possible to make some "tabs" like in the MareroQ's BoxText viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19519 as it is an .scm and not a .py

Anyway, a kind of good news:
There is another "Bevel Reflect Logo" where the list of settings is a bit shorter, thus letting you access to the "OK" button (and you have access to a map)
I don't recall where in the original it is as I changed the path (to have my plugin organized my way in the GIMP menu), but to access it in GIMP
FIRST open a document or create a new
You do need to type your text, then right click on it > "Layer to image size" (important)
Then hit the forward slash "/" in GIMP (or go to "Help/Search and run a command")
Then a box dialog opens and enter "bevel" a list auto update below while typing, double click on the one which is written below "Create Selected Logo"
You should access the "OK" button on this one (you might need to drag up the window but there is space to do it ;) )
Attachment:
screenshot_20210918-140637.png
screenshot_20210918-140637.png [ 67.39 KiB | Viewed 4200 times ]

Someone can give you the original path via the GIMP menu to find it instead of each time calling the search

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

newtogimp wrote:
Could you tell me what to do to re-size it? (All I know to do is hit the Gimp button on the top left and click "Size" which gives me the Move four arrows, but that doesn't do anything --i.e. box won't move vertically, just horizontally.)

Your video says " Video unavailable. This video is private."

Sorry for that, A quickie, before I packed in for the day, & I did not notice it was still in 'draft mode'

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Shown quickly in the video however regardless of the version used.
1) The replacement script-fu.exe goes in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu Rename the existing to disable it and incase you ever need to restore it.
2) MLBevelReflect.exe (and map-object.exe if needed) go in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
3) bevel-reflect-logo.scm goes in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

I do not think this question has been asked. Are you using a 64 bit or 32 bit Windows ?

Last edited by rich2005 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:44 pm  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

Pixlab--thank you for your advice. It did indeed get me a new BRL box that I can see more on --If I use my mouse to drag the box upward as far as it goes, I can now see the top of the OK box all hotted up ready to be clicked but... not enough. I can't reach it! There's not enough of it showing. So near and yet so far!! Thanks again.

I'm using 64.

Attachments:
BLR3.png
BLR3.png [ 353.06 KiB | Viewed 4134 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:51 am  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

newtogimp wrote:
I can't reach it! There's not enough of it showing. So near and yet so far!! Thanks again.

Wow.. so you can see it (even partially) but you cannot click on it... I'm very surprised (might be a thing of Windows...)

Let's try something else ;) => still the same process than previously in my post but this time
Try with the [Tab] key on your keyboard, I mean the tab key is something in GIMP**, so you do need to "highlight/put it in focus" that BRL's window, input your setting in (or click on the top bar of that window to "highlight/put it in focus" it) then when you want to "OK" move the selection with the tab key until you arrive to the "OK" button, then hit the "Enter" button on your keyboard once you see the "OK" button is selected ;)

**note: If you see all your tools and tabs disappear it's normal :yes , the Tab key is a toggle switch to give more space to your drawing, just hit the Tab key again and everything will get back normally (and put that BRL window in focus to not happen ;) )