It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Directory search not working
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:11 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.28
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

Hey folks!
When you save an image you can choose in which folder to save it. There is also the option to "Search" a specific path. well this doesn't work for me. It just loads indefinitly.
Thanks for any help in advance!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Directory search not working
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:33 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Ingegneus wrote:

Hey folks!
When you save an image you can choose in which folder to save it. There is also the option to "Search" a specific path. well this doesn't work for me. It just loads indefinitly.

Nope... you can search for a folder or file name, but not a path, so if you put something like "Desktop/GIMP/mytest/" it might loop on Windows (I'm on Linux, so cannot test the behavior on Windows).
Also this "Search" is searching EVERYTHING that will match your keyword, thus also files and folders with a longer name with your keyword inside, thus having a so loooong list, that you might thing it is looping to infinity.

For a more accurate answer, tell us what kind of search you do when it loop to infinity

I might try them on my distro, although Linux is a very different OS and the behavior will be different, thus wait for a person with Windows on her/his computer that would answer way better than I could ;)

in all case please give keyword, sentence, upper case, lower case, space, special characters, etc... as it will help a lot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:28 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

Ingegneus wrote:

Hey folks!

Could you have network folders that are non longer available?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 am  (#4) 

Nope... you can search for a folder or file name, but not a path, so if you put something like "Desktop/GIMP/mytest/" it might loop on Windows (I'm on Linux, so cannot test the behavior on Windows).
Also this "Search" is searching EVERYTHING that will match your keyword, thus also files and folders with a longer name with your keyword inside, thus having a so loooong list, that you might thing it is looping to infinity.

For a more accurate answer, tell us what kind of search you do when it loop to infinity

I might try them on my distro, although Linux is a very different OS and the behavior will be different, thus wait for a person with Windows on her/his computer that would answer way better than I could ;)

in all case please give keyword, sentence, upper case, lower case, space, special characters, etc... as it will help a lot[/quote]

Thank you very much! I didn't realize that the search bar wasn't intended for full paths. Searching for a folder works and as you predicted it loads for quite a while and that might have caused me to think that it was stuck in a loop or something. Thanks again. ^^