It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [HELP] How do i disable pen button?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.24
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: windows 10
GIMP Experience: New User

I'm using a bamboo tablet to paint on gimp. It has 2 buttons and I use the up button for moving the canvas, zoom in/out and it's ok but the down button just opens a floating right-click menu that I don't need at all. Also the tip of the pen is a little worn out so for confortable using and don't scratching the tablet I need to grab the pen in an angle which is susceptible to misclick that useless pen button. By the way, sometimes and i don't know why, when I'm drawing and I accidentally press the pen button at same time, all the recent progress dissapear, other times just opens the righ-click menu and throws cold water to my concentration so.. is there a way to dissable it? it would save me a lot of headaches, thanks you.

Resuming that above, how can i disable one of the pen buttons?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: [HELP] How do i disable pen button?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:23 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I do not think you can disable the button as such, but you can assign another function to it. Maybe something that Gimp does not recognize. Read the manual.

Attachment:
clickity.jpg
clickity.jpg [ 140.36 KiB | Viewed 1073 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:53 am  (#3) 
Global Moderator

er4manu wrote:
all the recent progress dissapear,

Another thing you could do is save your work regularly incase this happens. You should anyhow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:29 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

As well as the Wacom setup panel, I was seriously considering advising a mechanical solution.

Wrap around the button on the pen with some electrical insulating tape so it can not be pressed ;)

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:26 pm  (#5) 

rich2005 wrote:
I do not think you can disable the button as such, but you can assign another function to it. Maybe something that Gimp does not recognize. Read the manual.

Attachment:
clickity.jpg

I tried to do that option before. I disabled that button but it did still doing the right click during press.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 pm  (#6) 

sallyanne wrote:
er4manu wrote:
all the recent progress dissapear,

Another thing you could do is save your work regularly incase this happens. You should anyhow.

It's not a matter of saving. The progress that you lose is like the last line or 2 you made 1 second ago. Maybe not a big deal but quite annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:37 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

er4manu wrote:
rich2005 wrote:
-----
I tried to do that option before. I disabled that button but it did still doing the right click during press.

I did not say disable, I do not think that is possible. I indicted that assigning the key to a function (mouse 4/ 5 mouse click) that Gimp does not recognise might work. Although probably not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:49 pm  (#8) 

rich2005 wrote:
er4manu wrote:
rich2005 wrote:
-----

I did not say disable, I do not think that is possible. I indicted that assigning the key to a function (mouse 4/ 5 mouse click) that Gimp does not recognise might work. Although probably not.

Nope. It stills doing its ****.

Correction: Now I still having the right-click problem when click on the canvas but I lost the right button on the layers menu, brush options, etc. The only place where it was useful and not a problem...