It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airbrush not applying in the right order?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:03 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.10.24
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
None

List any ERROR messages you received:
None

I am not sure what option I may or may not have accidentally activated, so hoping for some help here. This odd behaviour has only started recently.
I have a layer. There is no selection area selected. I am using the airbrush in one colour, doing whatever. I then change to a different colour to apply some more edits to the same layer.

Expected behaviour:
As in the past, I expect the airbrush with the new colour to go over top of the old airbrush, essentially "painting over" what I did previously.

What occurs:
The new airbrush colour appears "behind" the previous one.

The issue seems isolated to the airbrush, as the ink tool, the paintbrush, and the pencil tools exhibit the expected behaviour.

I am currently at a loss as to what is causing it, so any help would be appreciated.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Airbrush not applying in the right order?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hi HN! Go to the Brush options and take a look at the Brush Mode. This Mode has a series of Modes as in the Layer's dialog. Does it read "Normal"? That is the default mode of the brush and you can paint on top of what you have painted previously.. If the Brush Mode is on "Behind", whatever you paint it will be behind or under the previous painted area. So change it back to "Normal", Hope this help!

Post subject: Re: Airbrush not applying in the right order?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:10 pm  (#3) 

That works. Thank you. I had not noticed that menu before. And that menu has a lot of interesting options I haven't played with before. Should be interesting