i want to tranform a photo like that

Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:05 pm

GIMP Version: 2.10.34
Operating System: Linux
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

Image i want a photo to tranform it like that

Re: i want to tranform a photo like that

Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:59 pm

There is no image (or working link) in your post.

Also, Gimp 2.8 is totally obsolete by now (replaced over 5 years ago by 2.10) (and you aren't even at the last published version, 2.8.22).

Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:07 am

ofnuts wrote:There is no image (or working link) in your post.

Also, Gimp 2.8 is totally obsolete by now (replaced over 5 years ago by 2.10) (and you aren't even at the last published version, 2.8.22).
I upload the photo?

Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:35 am

Ok, so we have the photo, but what do you mean by "like that"? There is some grain/fuzziness but it cold be your camera or the print process.

Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:40 am

The photo is like someone paint it

Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:23 pm

To me this carry bag looks like an attempt at photorealism. Why do you want to transform a photo of a carry bag?

Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Tas_mania wrote:To me this carry bag looks like an attempt at photorealism. Why do you want to transform a photo of a carry bag?

I think it's the other way around because there is a satellite dish in the picture.

However it is a trend right now to repaint photos to make them look like old posters. I have such a poster where the architecture is distorted exactly as if the picture was taken with a wide angle lens pointing slightly up.

Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:55 am

As a start, it is all-sorts ;) I think a photo of a gift bag planted on a new background. Then a "artistic" rendered photo planted over that.

You could try the gimp_gmic_qt plugin http://www.gmic.eu It is available for linux.
Edit: ...or maybe.. If you are using a flatpak Gimp then get the dedicated gmic plugin via the flatpak install command. If it is an ubuntu snap Gimp then I think you are out-of-luck.

Then it is experiment to try and find a filter(s) you like. This collection (1) is original (2) Dreamy Watercolor (3) Graphic Novel (4) Two filters morphology + corvo painting. Each of those has many settings, it is try and see.

variations.jpg
variations.jpg (268.88 KiB) Viewed 524 times

Into the background, fit to size and a layer mask to blend in. As you see you do need a really good initial choice of subject to match the background. Not so good here ;) You will get there with lots of practice.

gift.jpg
gift.jpg (175.13 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Post a reply