It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: clipart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 2.10
GIMP Experience: New User

So I just recently installed GIMP 2.10 and it says on the slip in the cd case, "The directory also contains a ZIP file with 20,000 cliparts. After the download the Zip file only has to be unpacked." How do I find and unpack this ZIP file?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: clipart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:46 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

GIMP is not send nor sold on CD, I won't trust that GIMP, the official GIMP is over there > https://gimp.org where you can download it, and sure you will have the latest version.
About the clipart zip, usually a right click on it with your mouse to open a context menu, then select "Extract here" or similar depending your OS, or a double click on it to open your archive manager.

Post subject: Re: clipart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:03 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Was the CD being sold or was it free with a magazine? Gimp should not be sold but I remember my first brush with Gimp was because of a free CD of open-source software. I took one look at Gimp and uninstalled it! Thankfully I gave it another chance years later. As far as I know, you should be able to either double click the zip or do what PixLab said.